SEARCHING FOR TREASURE

G-et into God's Word

Proverbs 4:5-19

'Get wisdom, get understanding;
do not forget my words or turn away from them.

Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
love her, and she will watch over you.

The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom.
Though it cost all you have, get understanding.

Cherish her, and she will exalt you;
embrace her, and she will honor you.

She will give you a garland to grace your head and present you with a glorious crown." '

R-eflect into God's Word

What would you treasure in your life? Do you believe in treasure that is in the box filled with gold and buried?

It seems we can only see it in a children's storybook. But there is true treasure the Proverbs gives us reason to stop and think.
In Proverbs 4, a father was writing to his sons about how to live well suggests that wisdom is one thing worth seeking at any cost (v.7).

If we desire a treasure quest, think of it again carefully. Wisdom leads us through life, keeps us from stumbling, and crowns us with honor (v.8-12). It comes from God. And when we seek wisdom, we find all kinds of good things flourishing in our lives.

O-bey to transform

Ask yourselves with this question:
Do I long for a treasure? What was that thing I considered as treasure?

To seek wisdom is ultimately to seek God, the source of all wisdom and understanding. And the wisdom that comes from above is worth more than any buried treasure we could ever imagine.

W-restle in Prayer

Always ask God to seek for treasure that He alone can give. Ask for wisdom and heart to train us for our own sake.

#TrueTreasureisfromGod

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© ODB, Vol. 27, pg.65 (emphasis mine)

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/PRO.4.5-9