OUT OF CONTEXT

G-et into God's Word

John 20:13-16

'They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him." At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. He asked her, "Woman, why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him." Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means "Teacher"). 'John 20:13-16 

R-eflect into God's Word

Is there someone we knew from the past that we cannot recognize today?
Sometimes, someone called my name, approach me, and talk like we were closed. He said if I remember him. But thinking of him where or when do I met him, keeps me wonder. I didn't know. I didn't recognize him.
Then, he began to elaborate on the memory of where and how we met. Ah, I see, now I remember.

The same thing happened with Mary Magdalene when she visited the tomb of Jesus early in the morning, she found the stone rolled away and Jesus' body wasn't there (v.1-2). She began to cry and Jesus talk to him. but she didn't recognize Jesus and think He was a gardener (v.14-15). But when Jesus called her, she recognized Him (v.16).

What could be the reason why Mary doesn't recognize Jesus at first? Maybe because of her grief? Maybe Jesus was changed after his resurrection? or maybe like us who's out of context sometimes?

O-bey to transform

We should ask ourselves this question: "How many times might we miss Jesus when He comes into our days-on our personal devotion, prayer time, bible reading, or by simply whispering on our hearts?" "Have we missed Him?

Hope we won't. From now on, think of Jesus and ask Him to open our hearts that He may allow us to recognize Him in every situation of our lives.

W-restle in Prayer

We may utter this prayer to Him.
Dear Jesus, you understand that we might be out of context sometimes thinking a lot of things here on earth, May you open our hearts to recognize You when you appear on us, even on your simple whisper. 

#ExpectJesusOnUnexpectedPlaces

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/JHN.20.13-16