DAY 120: Praying the Distance

G-et into God's Word

Luke 18:1-8

'Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' "For some time he refused. But finally, he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually come and attack me!' " And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" '  

R-eflect into God's Word

Who's in your prayer for salvation?

There are instances where we are praying for someone - a relative, a friend, a family member, a neighbor, to be saved but all the way and all the things we share with them were ignored. Yet, we still pray for them that someday, they might see that they need salvation.

There are times that we want to stop and give up praying for that person but Luke 18:1-8 teaches us not to give up on praying (v.1).

In the story, Jesus contrasts an "unjust judge" (v.6). who answers a request merely because he doesn't want to be further bothered, with a perfect heavenly Father who cares deeply for us and wants us to come to Him. We can be encouraged whenever we pray to know that God hears and welcome our prayers.

God might be at a distance from us, but our prayer will be lifted and heard. And that's what Colossians 4:2 reminds us to, "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."

O-bey to transform

How does this passage encourage you to hold onto prayer?

W-restle in Prayer

Father in heaven, Thank You for Your word and for this passage that encourages us not to give up on what we are praying for. Thank You, Lord, for letting us know the fact that You are listening to our prayers. Lord, we're sorry for the times we want to give up, for the times we want to stop, and for the times we don't utter even a single word of prayer. Forgive us Lord for not communicating to You. We pray that You may help us faithfully pray for someone who needs Your salvation.

#DevoteYourselvesinPRAYER

--------------------------------------------------------

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/LUK.18.1-8