DAY 123: Small but Significant

Get into God's Word

2 Corinthians 1:8-11

We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

Reflect into God's Word

Whom are you praying for today? Does someone needs your prayer?

I want to share my recent experience to You. This last week, last tuesday night i had fever that goes on a 38.8 high temperature. I was bothered, all my body was in pain, i had headache and my throat aches and all on my mind was negative what ifs. What if i had Covid, what if i get positive, what if i infect my mother and sister which was with me in home and what if all of hinges i feel was true. It stress me out. This pandemic really stressed me out.  Then upon monitoring our school nurse advised me to get a teleconsult for my  symptoms which I did and the Doctor prescribed me to get an RT-PCR test and this is what I was thinking, I was suspected for COVID-19 because of the symptoms I had. It really bothers me, yes. But I had this feeling of confidence that i really believe am not. Though it might be positive because of the symptoms I had, I strongly believe what God might do and hear my prayers.

I bring this concern to our Pastor for support prayer. They pray and monitor with me upto the time of swabbing until the result comes out. It really touches my heart how people at church, friends, workmates pray with me. They send message and encouragement telling me that they were praying for me. My heart pour out of Gratitude to God for these people. And on Sunday morning, the day that i should receive the result of my RT-PCR test, after my devotion, i open my email to check if there is a message from the hospital regarding my result. and upon checking, yes there is! I barely close my eyes and utter "Lord, into You I trust this result!" and slowly open my eyes and the result tells,
"SARS-CoV-2 (causative agent of COVID-19) viral RNA NOT DETECTED; NEGATIVE for SARS-CoV-2 (causative agent of COVID-19)" My heart pounded and I shout a whisper telling "THANK YOU LORD, YOU ARE GOOD!" Though I need  to be still in quarantine for further monitoring, the important is I had no Covid-19 infection nd GOD HEAR MY PRAYERS!

When Apostle Paul writing to the Corinthian church, he shared about the trouble he experienced in the province of Asia. The persecution was so severe that he and his companions "despaired of life itself" (v.8). However, Paul helped by the prayers of believers (v.11). Though the church has many miles away from Paul, their prayers mattered and God heard them. Herein lies an amazing mystery: the sovereign One has chosen to use our prayers to accomplish His purpose. What a privilege!

Today we can continue to remember our brothers and sisters in Christ who are suffering for their faith. There's something we can do. We can pray for those who are marginalized, oppressed, beaten, tortured, and sometimes even killed for their belief in Christ. Let's pray for them to experience God's comfort and encouragement and to be strengthened with hope as they stand firmly with Jesus.

My testimony may be far from what Apostle Paul experienced but one thing is common. GOD truly hear our prayers!
In prayer, we cast ourselves at the feet of the divine power.

Obey to transform

Who can you commit to praying for by name  for this week? When have you experienced God's faithfulness during a time of persecution?

Wrestle in Prayer

Thank You Lord for hearing and answering our prayers. Thank You for the people around us who pray and encourage us. Help us Lord to pray also for them and remember them. May Your presence be always with us and let our small deeds be significant to all who we are praying for.

#OurPrayerIsSignificant
--------------------------------------------
https://bible.com/bible/111/2co.1.8-11.NIV