WHERE ARE YOU HEADED

G-et into God's Word

Psalm 121

'I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you— the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.'  

R-eflect into God's Word

What determines our direction in life?
that's the first question usually asked during a driving training course.
There is something called target fixation. Even you're going to face an unexpected obstacle, if you stare at it, if your target fixates, you'll steer right into it. But if you look above and past it to where you need to go, you can usually avoid it. "Where you're looking in the direction you're going to go"

Same thing with our spiritual life. What determines our direction in spiritual life?
Where are we going through?
Our life here on earth is a journey - a journey to heaven and be with God forever.
And while we are on the way to our true home, there is also called target fixation which is God and we need to fixate our focus and stare at Him to get right where we are going. So when obstacles came on our way, when we fixate our eyes on Him, we will go through with it and we will get there in heaven.

Psalm 121 encourages us to look past our problems and focus on the One who can help us with. Our help comes from Him (v.2,8). God invites us to look to Him to help us see beyond our troubles instead of letting them dominate our perspective.

O-bey to transform

By seeking and abiding by God's word, we will learn to fixate our eyes and focus on Him. And by asking Him to move beyond our perspective, we let Him lead our way and we will be in the right direction.

W-restle in Prayer

Thank God for every situation we are in and wherever we are. Ask Him to always reminds us that He leads our way in the right direction - directing to our true home.

#GodsDirection

----------------------------------------------------------

(c)Odb,Vol.27, pg.24, 1st paragraph, emphasis mine

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/PSA.121.1-8