WELCOMING STRANGERS

G-et into God's Word

Deuteronomy 10:12-19

'And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord 's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good? To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it. Yet the Lord set his affection on your ancestors and loved them, and he chose you, their descendants, above all the nations—as it is today. Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer. For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. '

R-eflect into God's Word

When did you experience that you were most welcome in a place?

I remember our mission last 2019 in Mangyan Village at Oriental Mindoro, we know that they were one of the poor tribes here in the Philippines, they welcomed us, waiting for our arrival, follow and look excited about the activities we bring. They were showing hospitality by offering their help to us. They do not know us and we do not know them personally either but their help is big, showing as their family.

These thoughts and experience is a response to what the Deuteronomy 10 teach us in v. 19. By welcoming strangers, they would be serving and honoring God; and in showing them love and care, they would demonstrate their trust in Him.

We too can live out our love for God through our welcome to others. Whether it is on the small events, or simple gestures and greetings, we can extend God's care and hospitality in this world.

O-bey to transform

Have you asked yourself how does it feel when we are welcomed to someone's place? it feels you belong.
Filipinos are known for being hospitable that's why we know how to serve and be served. May we be reminded by this God's word that taught us to be more hospitable.

W-restle in Prayer

Thank God for the love and care He showed to strangers through us. Ask God to give us more heart to welcome others.

#ShowLoveAndCareToStrangers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/DEU.10.12-19