DAY 115: Enjoying Beauty

G-et into God's Word

Ecclesiastes 3:9-13

'What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart, yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. ' 

R-eflect into God's Word

How do you respond to the beauty God has placed in this world?

"Beautiful" is that word that always comes out of my mouth every time I see different scenery, paintings, sunrise, sunset, clouds, sky, sea, and everything that reflects God's creativity.

Many things in our life are beautiful indeed. Master paintings, scenic vistas, inspired crafts, a child's smile, a friend's hello, an egg of a robin, seashells and much more. "God has made everything beautiful in its time" (v.11). In such beauty, Bible scholars explain, we get a glimpse of the perfection of God's creation-including the glory of His perfect rule to come.

We can only imagine such perfection, So God grants us a foretaste through life's beauty. In this way, "God has also set eternity in the human heart" (v.11). Some days life looks drab and futile. But God mercifully provides moments of beauty to ponder.

O-bey to transform

How can we respond to seeing such beauty? We can thank God for eternity to come while pausing to enjoy the glory we already see.

W-restle in Prayer

Father, help us in the moments of this day to see and enjoy the beauty You bring into our lives as we also look forward to eternity.

#EnjoytheBeautyofLife
------------------------------------------------------------
©ODB,Vol27,pg.121 (emphasis mine)

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/ECC.3.9-13