A BIG DEAL

G-et into God's Word 

Isaiah 58:6-9

'"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, ' 

R-eflect into God's Word

I remember my cousin who had 2 children, an 11years old boy, and a 5years old girl. His wife is an OFW. From the previous year, his wife gets into trouble at her work for leaving her work as a kadama without finishing the contract. She needs to pay 17k for a penalty from the agency. My cousin, had no work, he hopes for his wife's assistance, but that trouble came to them. They get a loan with interest just to send it to his wife. They always have credits from me, from my sister, from our other relatives and other common friends, but without paying back. As a family, yes, we didn't forget to remind and give him a sermon to avoid credits. And as a family, we can't take to see them in that situation, even if they were also a burden to us, thinking of our own needs and also thinking of them. We are not rich, we give them what we can even if we also had financial problems.

Helping others is a big deal, however to God. The prophet Isaiah made that point to the nation of Israel. The people were fasting but still quarreling and fighting (v.6-7). 

Such a sacrifice, said Isaiah, shares God's light but also heals our brokenness (v.8). As the family helps their relative, they looked hard at their own finances, seeing ways they could manage better all year. This was God's promise for being generous : (v.8). In the end, giving to their kin blessed them more. And God? He already gave His all - with love. 

O-bey to transform

Yes it is hard to give sometimes, mostly when you also in need but if God and his reminder are in your heart, you don't need to think about what you are about to give and receive, you just to give generously knowing that God would be grateful for following His reminder.

W-restle in Prayer

Let God show you and remind you how He became generous when He gave his Son to save us. Ask God to remind us every day with His generosity so we can be also generous to others.

#GenerousGod

--------------------------------------------

 https://my.bible.com/bible/111/ISA.58.6-9
©Odb,Vol.27,pg.28,1st&2nd line of 2nd and 3rd paragraph