WHAT KIND OF SAVIOR IS HE

G - et into God's Word
John 6:47-51, 60-66

Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.  I am the bread of life.  Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died.  But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.  I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”  On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”  Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you?  Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!  The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit  and life.  Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”  From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

R - eflect in God's Word

What Kind of Savior is He?
Where is God when we need Him?
That was the questions commonly ask of those person who's disappointed by the answer for the prayer they prayed for.

Some people followed Jesus for the miracles He perform ed and to get their needs met (v.2,26). Some simply saw Him as son of a carpenter (matt.13:55-58), and others expected Him to be their political leader (Luke 19:37-38). Some thought of Him as a great teacher (matt.7:28-29), while others quit following Him because His teaching was hard to understand (John 6:66).

We doubted Him because there is no faith in our hearts. We only focused on what we are about to receive from Him but disappointed when what we expect never met.

Jesus still doesn't always meet our expectations but He is more than we can imagine. He is the bread of life and the source of eternal life (v.47). He is the only one we can turn to that the Father granted (v.65). He forgives. He is the mediator between us and the Father. Jesus is the way we can bring our troubled and prayer to the Father.

We can learn not to doubt Him but trust Him on every miracles and he performed.

O - bey to transform

Ask the Father to give us hearts with full of trust in Jesus. Let's practice to have trust not doubt.

W - restle in Prayer

Jesus is the mediator between us and the Father. There's no reason for us to doubt Him but instead have a heart to trust Him and confidently pray to Him.He will grant our hearts desire and know the best for us.

#JesusIstheBreadOfLife

--------------------------------

https://bible.com/bible/111/jhn.6.47-66.NIV
(c) Our Daily Bread, Paragraph 2