DISCOVERING MY TRUE SELF

G-et into Gods Word

1 John 2:28-3:3

'And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him.''All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. ' 

R-eflect into God's Word

Ask yourself, "Who Am I?"

Do you really know who you are and what's your identity?
Yes, we may know our age, our gender, our family history, our relatives, where the place we came from, and what's status of living we have. But haven't we know our true self.

John said in v.1 that God has called us His children. We might not fully understand this identity but when we see Jesus, and what he'd done, we will be like him.

We don't need to be known by this world, we don't need to find our identity here because we can't find it. See how great is God's love for us "He calls us His children" and that's the true identity we must have. That's the reason why we're unknown to this world. It doesn't matter if you're not famous as others, who are having hundreds and thousands of like and love on the different social media platform, it doesn't matter if you're not as famous as other vloggers, what matters most is that we are called "children" of God. We are famous in God's eyes that's why He reminds us on v.3 that whoever had hope will keep His life pure like Jesus.

And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him (v.28-29). Now, we know that we are His children and what do we need to do in this life. We must continue in Him so that we appear unashamed before him at his coming. Let us do what is right because who does what is right is called His children.

O-bey to transform

Now ask yourselves again, "Who Am I?" And meditate on the truth that you are one of God's children. As His child, think again what things might you've done that doesn't give God's glory. And ask yourselves again, "Am I worthy to be His child?"
Yes, we are! if we do what is right.

W-restle in Prayer

Come to God humbly and let your heart be cleansed by Him from your unclean and unrighteous doings in front of Him. Let Him correct you and cleanse you, So you must continue to do what is right and had the assurance that you are one of His children and on the day of His coming, we can be confident and unashamed.

#WeAreAChildOfGod

----------------------------------------------------

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/1JN.2.28-29

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/1JN.3.3