DAY 104: The Mark of Friendship

G-et into God's Word

John 15:9-17

' "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other. ' 

R-eflect into God's Word

How important to you is friend?

It's good to have one indeed, but we Filipinos are satisfied when we got more friends. The more, the merrier.
Friendship means a lot to us. We can lean on them, talk with them, share problems with them, laugh and cry with them, and many more. Sometimes, we also had something to mark our friendships, it could be a bracelet, a keychain, a necklace, or something that might remind us of our friends. But, having a friend here on earth wasn't enough, Because the Lord Jesus called us also His friends, and He showed also the mark of His friendship. "As the Father has loved me, si I have loved you," He said in John 15:9, He even lay His life for us (v.13). He showed us His Kingdom (v.15). He taught everything God had given Him (v.15). And He gave them the opportunity to share in His mission (b.16).

As our companion for life, Jesus walks with us. He listens to our heartaches and our desires. When we're lonely and downhearted, our friend Jesus keeps company with us. And our companionship with Jesus is tighter when we love each other and obey His commands (v.10,17). As we obey Him, we will bear "fruit that will last" (v.16).

Waking through the crowded alleys and dangerous roadways of our troubled world, we can count on the Lord's companionship. It's a mark of His friendship.

O-bey to transform

What does it mean for you to be a friend of Jesus?
How has He revealed His presence to you?

W-restle in Prayer 

Heavenly Father, our friends will fail us and we will fail them. But you never fail, and You've promised to be with us "to the very end of the age." Help us show our gratitude by serving You faithfully and by praising you today.

#JESUSisOurFriend

-----------------------------------------------------

https://my.bible.com/bible/111/JHN.15.9-17