Mermaids are real // Leebury

( I KNOW THE SONG IS ABOUT POTC MERMAID LORE, BUT SAMUELS A MIX OF A BRITISH MERMAID AND A GERMAN SIREN , AND LORELEI IS A DIRECTLY BASED ON A GERMAN SIREN )

Samuel climbed upon a rock with his twin sister. They were both children of a siren and a mermaid, giving them gifts and appearances of both. Lorelei looked more like a siren and Samuel looked like a merman. Lorelei looked over at him with a slightly wicked smile.

"Watch this," she said, turning to a large boat that moved by. Samuel smiled back and looked at the rocks around them. If Lorelei was able to lure whoever was on the boat to them, they are sure to crash and shipwreck. Lorelei started singing softly, getting more gradual. The wind picked up a little and the boat started to turn. Lorelei kept singing, her wicked smile staying on her face. However, the boat froze. Samuel grew confused as he considered swimming over, just giving the slightest push to them. Finally, a small rowboat came around the back and the person on it was moving at a quick pace.

"Here they come, get under, Sam!" Lorelei called out as she dove into the water. Samuel froze, the person on the boat didn't seem to be coming by the song, but rather that he wanted something else. Samuel tried to get away, but it was too late, the boat was settled in front of him.

"Are you the siren who started sin- who am I kidding, you're male, you probably can't sing that high," the human said, starting to row away.

"Now who is to say that I am not as good as my sister? I can easily drag you off that rowboat and into the ocean. I have been wanting a new human friend, all the ones I've tried to keep either die or swim away," Samuel said, swimming into the water. He grabbed the rowboat and started to tilt it back and forth.

"Humans aren't meant to be kept as seafolk's pets. We can't breathe underwater," the human said, trying to balance the boat.

"I'll take you to the surface every hour, you'll be fine!" Samuel said, rocking the boat even harsher.

"No- we need oxygen every 5 minutes- STOP SHAKING THE B-" the human started to yell before falling off. Samuel dove under and grabbed onto the human who was trying to get to the surface. The human slipping out, going to the rocks to catch his breath. Samuel followed and crossed his arms on the rocks.

"Well, since you're so smart on humans, tell me more! You can be my really smart human pet!" Samuel said once the human stopped coughing.

"I'm not your pet, but fine," the human said, sitting up.

"Okay okay, so, what do I call you? Or do I get to name you?! If I could name you, I'd want to name you... Maria!" Samuel said.

"A women's name? I am Charles. What's your name?" Charles, the human, said back.

"I am Samuel, and I didn't know names can be for women or men... Is that a human thing?" Samuel asked curiously.

"Uh... I guess?" Charles said, relaxing a bit. He tugged on his shirt to let it dry off a bit quicker.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHY DID YOU JUST PULL YOUR SKIN?!" Samuel freaked out.

"...It's a shirt?" Charles said, sounding confused.

"What?! Can you just take it off?!" Samuel asked. He hopped on the rock and started to tug on Charles' shirt. Charles swatted his hands away.

"Yes, when humans want to, they take off their shirts," Charles said, scooting away.

"Can you take off the layer on your tails too?" Samuel said, moving his hands to tug on Charles' boots. He succeeded and pulled Charles' foot up.

"We have legs and feet, not tails- Let me go-" Charles said, trying to get free again.