"I-I'm sorry." Was the first thing Mrs. Kim said. She heaved a long sigh. Just by that, Jennie broke down in tears again. Her mom just indirectly admitted that what Jiyong told her was true. Jiyong is really her dad, the person she had been grieving for, the person she had been longing to know.

"Mom, why?" Jennie uttered between her sobs.

"I-I just wanted to protect you, Jennie. He was a criminal. He killed your uncle, the only family that I had. I was brokenhearted and mad because he was the last person I'd think who could do that but he did. He didn't deserve to know you or to even see you. He's a monster, Jennie." Dara explain as her tears stream down her face.

The memory is still vivid to her. In her mind, she could still see her brother bathing in his own blood. It was horrifying and to think that Jiyong, the person she loves the most did it was making her loose her mind. Everything was hard to take in.

And if Jennie think that she was the only one who was longing for Jiyong's presence, then she is wrong. There isn't a single day that go by in that twenty years where she don't wonder how her husband was doing. She miss him too, even more than Jennie do but anger and pride was reigning inside her heart. She still loves him but she loathes him at the same time. So in that twenty years, she had been restraining herself from seeing that man who took away something so precious to her.

"Are even sure it was him?" Jennie mumbled.

"He was there." Dara replied in a low voice, starting to think that there is still a possibility that he wasn't the real culprit but if it wasn't him then who? He was the only person left with Thunder that day and she knew that the two doesn't get along well because her brother and Jiyong once had a huge fight over a girl. And the beef goes on even after Jiyong and that person already broke up long ago.

"Just because he was there, doesn't mean that it was him. Did you even let him explain his side?" Jennie ask while wiping her tears, only for another batch to wet her eyes.

"I-I was mad at him. It's hard to believe someone who already broke your trust."

"And you also broke my trust." Jennie said.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. Please forgive me. I just did what I thought was right." Dara said and held Jennie's hand.

Jennie took her hand back and said. "Mom, don't you think that what you did was selfish? He's my dad. I-I deserve to even know his fucking name and you never even told me that you are married."

"Yes I admit it, I was selfish. I was too blinded by my anger to even try to understand him and the situation. I wanted to hurt him too and the only way I thought was to hide you from him. I didn't realize that by doing so, I was already risking hurting you too. By the time I realized that what I did was wrong, it's too late. I still wanted to tell you though but I was afraid that you'd hate me so I decided to keep it. I wasn't expecting that this day would come because I have never heard from him since then" Dara said while her tears we're still flowing from her eyes. Jennie could see her mother's regret but it's still hard for her to forgive her.

"I-I don't know what to feel. I want to be alone, mom. Everything is just too hard for me to handle."

"But Jennie, Lisa doesn't have anything to do about it. Why are you mad at her too?" Mrs. Kim asked out of curiosity. Lisa is out of there family problem, why would Jennie get mad at her too?

"She kept something from me too." She smiled weakly.

"What?" Her mom asked as her brows furrowed in confusion. She thought that they were doing just fine and everything was going smoothly between them.