Chapter 34- Playing with Fire and Roses

Start from the beginning

"Yes Mama Fay?" Lance asked standing quickly, "Time for your lessons my boy," she said softly smiling at him as she moved into the room to fix a stray hair in his head. He nodded and moved to follow her out of the room leaving his phone on the bed. Knowing he'd have to answer Lilith later hopefully when he had found the right words. 

"So how was school today?" Mama Fay asked, "Perfectly wonderful, the science fair is coming up." Lance said, "Such a garish thing, Science fairs. So what about that lovely girl you've been telling me about?" She asked, Lance looked at his shoes as they entered the library. He loved this library his house was rather large but a good chunk of it was taken up by a library that make even Belle from beauty and the beast jealous.

"She's just as lovely as ever," Lance said smiling as he looked Mama Fay, "I'm sure she'll see just how much of a king you are soon my boy," She said, and Lance's smiled widened, "I hope you are right Mama Fay," Lance said, "Good now come read with me there is still so much for you to learn that, that rather small school seems to over look. I mean what school doesn't teach the basics of horse back riding." She complained and Lance moved to sit down as she placed a rather heavy old totem on the table in front him. Normally a book as old as this would have a thick layer of dust but none of the books in the library had a speck on them. He and his family spent far to much time reading them to gather dust.

***

"Check mate," Lilith said as she sat in the park across from Wally, "You know we are suppose to be looking as if were having fun while on watch," Wally said, "But I am having fun and I'm still watching, I know where everyone is the grass tells me everything I asked of it." Lilith said pausing before resetting the board. "Well at least one of us can see, there are so many people. Then there is that tree. I can't see a good chunk of the park and this spot is one of the best we have." 

"Are we even sure that they'll attack here next?" Lilith asked as her phone dinged, it was Lance. "It's one of three spots so maybe," Wally said as Lilith looked away form her chess game to answer the phone, 'Good morning Lilith.' He said, Lilith smirked as she answered, 'Morning,' she didn't even have the chance to answer back before it dinged again. 'I know we planned on starting on our project Monday but would you like to meet at lunch today?' He asked, Lilith paused biting her lip as she looked around. Wally was on his own phone. He had gotten up and was pretending to take pictures of the park and it's people. 

'I am actually out with some friends today,' Lilith said, she set her phone down as she heard Wally's phone ring. he answered it. "We're fine... And we got bored... The grass will-" He paused and Lilith immediately knew he had been talking to Robin. Her phone dinged and she looked at the message, 'How about dinner then?' then a second ding, 'Tucker and the others can come if it makes you feel more comfortable.' Lance said and Lilith smiled. 'Dinner with everyone sounds nice, but I though you wanted to work on our project?' Lilith asked, Wally tapped on her shoulder. 

"We've got to go," Wally said Lilith stood quickly grabbing her stuff. "Meg just sent the signal. Conner's team is in a fight right now, the villain kids attacked his sight. We've got to go." Wally said and Lilith nodded and came running up behind Wally when they reached a secluded place changed quickly. Then Wally picked up Lilith and ran as fast as he could.

***

Meg and Conner walked in complete silence as they made their way through the halls of the hall of justice. 

It however was more of tourist trap than anything at this point than an actual watch tower like it was originally used for. Before it was blown up and attacked several times. Conner paused when Meg tried to take his hand. He pulled away, "We're suppose to be on a mission date remember," Meg said softly so only he could hear. "I don't want to hold hands right not Meg, we can still do our mission without it." Conner said bluntly, Meg grimiest and bit the inside of her cheek as she kept going.