Alternate Ending.

Start from the beginning

I clench my jaw and take harsh breaths, gripping my side. I look to the ceiling and let out a laugh. "Nothing is going to break me." I say to myself. "Nothing.."

-

I have two days left. I only know this because I'm reminded everyday. I am sitting in the room. I'm losing my mind because I look up and see shadows pass through the corners. My eyes making up figures that aren't there. I sit up and I can feel my eyes getting heavy. I just don't have the will to do this anymore. As I tilt my head slightly, just wanting to sleep. I look up to a figure crouched in front of me. "You aren't going to sleep are you?" I look to see Ragnar there with his head tilted. "I'd hope not. That's not a way to get to Valhalla." I feel the hitting to my cheek and I look at him like he's crazy. "I just want to sleep." I speak to him and he hits my cheek again multiple times.

I go to kick him but I kick the air which jumps me awake. I take a breath and move to stand, stumbling slightly. I step to the water and take huge gulps of it, wiping my chin. "You are not dying today. Nor ever." I would give anything to see Ivar, Hvitserk, Ubbe, even Bjorn as well as my dear Eerikki. I wash my face and look into the reflection of the water, seeing a woman who does not look like me. Dirtied and frayed.

-

It's the day my world is going to end and a new one begins

It's the day my world is going to end and a new one begins. I am being pushed towards the center of town as everyone is watching me. I make my way up and turn to the crowd. I see them all stood there. I take breaths and watch them. Cedric is stood there from afar. He nods to one of his servants and I am brought to my knees, the servant braiding my hair back. The reason I've kept it so long is because that's what the Vikings do themselves. They keep it long and add a braid for each battle.

I am looking over the crowd as I see them. They have come to see it or come to fight. I hope they wait. They would be smart to. Cedric makes his way over to me and grips my braid tightly. I clench my jaw and look ahead. I can't make eye contact with them. I can't.

He takes his blade and slashes through the braid, moving it back and fourth with the blunt edge. I look to them again and Ivar goes to move but Bjorn stops him. I am lifted up and moved to the center. My hair below my shoulders, I look ahead and I can feel my eyes water. I try not to bare the tears but I can't help but think I am leaving my son. "Isabella Ambrosio Lothbrok. Repeat after me." I look to him and they move me to the area where the floor creaks as I step on the cold wet surface and they place a noose around my neck. Like the one Heahmund had put around my neck, which seems like long ago. Like it was a sign from the gods.

I look to the priest and then ahead. "I am repenting for my sins and may I rest in hell." I start to speak. "I am repenting-.." I stop and look to the crow that squawks, it feels as if everything is slowed. There sits next to it is Ragnar, dangling his legs from the ledge.