Chapter One Hundred Thirty Two

Comenzar desde el principio

"Er- no, as of now we've just been camping out this week. Stanley's homesick, we all are. Kingsley- the baby, was crying because he missed him, and I think that put a damper on everyone's moods. What about you lot? James, Remus, are you okay?"

"Er- we're fine, Pete.", James lied, shaking his head.

Don't tell him now, he'll worry, he mouthed.

"Er- Sirius?", Peter said hesitantly. "Yeah?"

"I saw Regulus.", he said quietly. Sirius' heart sped up, as he waited for Peter to continue.

"How- Is he okay?"

"He looked- he looked really skinny, like he hadn't gotten any sleep. He didn't attack us, though, and Rodolphus got mad, but he played it off and said he was sick. That's all I could hear."

"Oh.", Sirius said quietly, looking down.

"I'm sure he'll be fine, though.", Peter said hurriedly. "Have you been eating?", he asked, quieter.

"I- yeah, I have.", Sirius said, reddening. "That's really great, Sirius.", Peter said.

"Ah, I have to go. Happy early Christmas!"

"Happy Early Christmas."

Soon enough, their hour was up, and Mary was talking to Alex quietly.

christmas day

James grinned, opening the door to Frank, Alice, Marlene, and Dorcas. "Happy Christmas!", he said quietly.

"Happy Christmas!", they chorused back, as Lily shushed them.

"Why so quiet?", Dorcas whispered.

"Full moon's tonight- Remus is resting, and Mary's still asleep.", James said, ushering them inside.

Mary came out of her room, smiling at her friends. A few minutes later, Remus limped out from behind them, looking pale and tired as Sirius helped him.

"Happy Christmas, guys.", Remus said tiredly, smiling as Lily put a blanket over him.

"Do you need anything?", Alice asked, concerned. Remus shook his head, blinking slowly. "No, I'm- ahh, that hurt- I'm fine."

"Wow, what were you two doing in there for so long?" James asked pointedly, grinning at Sirius as he waggled his eyebrows deviously.

"Nothing!", Sirius snorted, shoving James playfully, his cheeks colouring.

"Yeah, sure, nothing," Remus cracked drily, rolling his eyes playfully at James. "I guess I'm nothing, then."

The room was silent for a moment, then Sirius choked, spluttering. "Moony! We absolutely did not! We were just sleeping," he laughed, rounding on James, who was laughing.

Sirius sat down on the ground, the others following his lead. "Oh- you lot can sit on the couch, I can go back to bed."

"Nonsense, we'll put on a film.", Marlene said, waving her hand.

"What if- you guys could stay the night, and we can do gifts tomorrow?", Remus suggested. Mary's eyes brightened, and the others nodded.

"Are you sure?- Will you be alright?"

"As long as I can borrow some makeup.", Remus cracked, pointing to his scarred face.

"Remus-", James started.

"Sorry- we can just put on the movie.", Remus reddened, laying back down. Sirius leaned back, his hair touching Remus' arm.

Remus let out a whimper of pain, reddening as everyone turned to him. "I- I'm fine.", he lied.

Bile bubbled through his mouth as he stood up, wobbling on his feet, running the best he could to the bathroom. He didn't make it, retching on the tile floor, blood flecking the vomit.

His head spun as he sat down, leaning against the wall. A few seconds passed, and Remus felt hands helping him up.

He heard hushed whispers, but just barely.

"Is that blood?"

"Yeah- it's happened before, we usually just have to wait it out."

Remus woke up on the couch, and looked out of the window. "I think I have to go.", he said softly, as Sirius and James locked eyes with him.

"Be safe.", Lily said, kissing the top of his head, the others echoing her.

"Happy Christmas.", Remus muttered.

Sirius and James stood up, helping him up, as they walked to the entrance of the flat.

"It's Christmas- you guys really don't have to.", he started, wincing in pain.

"Moony-"

"We're coming with you.", Sirius said firmly, James nodding along with him. "My ankle.", Remus winced, "I- I can't walk."

James and Sirius practically carried Remus out of the flat, and through the woods. "I can't- it hurts.", Remus said, a hint of panic entering his voice.

"We're here, Remus, where does it hurt?", Sirius whispered, as they entered the shed, setting him down on the cot.

"I just want to be normal.", Remus choked out, "I want to- I want to spend Christmas with you guys.".

James and Sirius locked eyes, unsure of what to say.

"We'll do everything tomorrow, Remus, promise.", James spoke, pushing his glasses up. Remus shook his head, swallowing, as the moon shone into his eyes.

"I lo-", he was cut off, his screams turning into howls.