🤍 Terrified 🤍

○~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~○

Y/N- Your Name
Y/N/N- Your Nick Name
Y/H/C- Your Hair Color
Y/E/C- Your Eye Color
Y/B/F- Your Best Friend

A/N- Happy reading! Make sure to leave comments and vote!

○~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~○

It was 6.30 and he still hadn't called. That's unlike him. He usually called at 6 o'clock without fail. He never called early and he never called late, out of the fear that your sister would pick up. He had never been afraid of Beth before, especially since they lived together for a small while. But the moment you and Benny had caught feelings for one another Beth had become the villian in Benny's life. He was always so afraid that she would catch us and she would make us break up. Never the less, you were a small big worried. He had yet to call, did you do something wrong? Yesterday he had asked you to come to Vegas with him for a tournament in two weeks, of course you said yes. Was he backing out?

*ring * * ring* *ring*

You immediately grabbed the telephone, "benny?!" You rushed.

"Shh, love, not so loud." You heard jim smile through the phone, this eased your worry.

"Are you okay?"

"Im fine, I just got stuck in traffic." He smiled. "How are you?"

"Peachy keen, Same as yesterday benny." You giggled.

"Are you excited?"

"More than excited." You grinned. The general hellos went on for a while before the two of you fell into a comfortable silence. The sound of telephone static filled your ears along with the slight sound of Benny breathing

"I need to tell you something." you said breaking the silence. He hummed in response. "Beth signed up for the u.s. open, so she'll be there too." Silence. "But out plan can still work, since I'm playing to its not suspicious, and as long as she doesn't see us going into the same room we'll be fine."

"Y/n I don't thi-"

"No benny! I have been waiting to see you for how long? Since that night in new york? I won't let my sister ruin this for me. If I have to tell her I will, if I have to move out just so I can visit you, looks like I will be searching for apartments. If I have to sit her down and make her understand I will. But I won't let her ruin this for us."

"What if she walks into our room and sees me?" He sighed

"Then she'll know about us."  Once again, silence.

"Are you sure your ready for this? For her to know all of our buisness."

"A part of me thinks she already knows." You said bluntly.

"What do you mean?!"

"Come on benny! She just happens to leave the house at 5:50 every night before coming back almost immediately when I put the phone down. She knows I'm talking to someone, she's the one that pays the phone bill, for God's sake!"

"Right so when I get to the airport which is in a different state by the way, and just happen be on the same plane as you, sit next to you, and the hotel happens to have a mix up which just so happens puts us in the same room, with one bed, she's not gonna be angry?"

"Why are you getting angry with me?" You asked.

"Im not angry with you im angry with myself." He said raising his voice.

"About what!" You groaned, starting to get annoyed.

"My- my- ACTIONS" he yelled

"WHAT ACTIONS?!" you questioned.

"I WISH I HADN'T SLEPT WITH BETH!" He yelled, but it was more to himself than to you. He moved the phone away from his face, hoping to not frighten you with the volume of his voice. But the meaning behind his words frightened you much more. What were you supposed to gather from those words? What did this mean?

"Wh-" you started but couldn't finish your sentence. You breathed in a few time before you continued. "When?" You asked in a straightforward, forced calm tone. You had no time to feel sad, just confusion. But that confusion swiftly turned to anger as his words resignation with you.

"Y/n we really don't have to do th-" he sighed. He was probably doing that thing where he pinches the bridge of his nose in an annoyed fasion. Yes we do have to do this, you thought.

"Tell Me." You stated.

"When she stayed in New york with me." He groaned ashamed.

"Hmm. So that's why you didn't want her to know? So that I wouldn't find out your secret? So she wouldn't tell me the truth. " You wanted to feel sad but all you could do was fuel the anger that was bubbling up in your chest.

"No!" He defended. "I didn't want her knowing because, because I didn't want her thinking my feelings for you were fake. Y/n she knows exactly how many women I have been with, darling, I used to  love one night stands and she knows I'm not the relationship type."

"I know your trying to defend yourself but it's really not working. In fact, your doing the opposite." You growled. In a sarcastically sweet tone.

"Let me finish. Please. I wasn't the relationship type. Until I wanted more. And I thought I found that with  Beth."

"Pick what you say very carefully." You spoke sternly.

"Love, let me finish." He begged. "But I didn't , I didnt love her. We didn't fit the way I wanted us to. And for a year I searched for what I needed and I found you."

"I don't know why you didn't tell me." Your voice softened. He clearly was struggling to find the right words. "I wouldn't have been angry if you would have told me sooner."

"I got scared, I was worried this would ruin everything. Please tell me this hasn't ruined everything." He once again pleaded.

"It hasn't, under one condition." You could practically hear the pain of anticipation in Benny's breath.  "We tell her after the tournament. Plus, she is going to wonder why her sister is getting on a plane to New York instead of home." You let out a breathy chuckle.

"If thats what it takes, that's what I will do. Hell I'll tell her right now if that's what it takes."

"As long as we tell her."

"So, you are not mad."

"No, I'm not mad." You smiled. And you truly weren't, you were just a little surprised maybe mixed with a small amount of hurt. But you trusted the chess cowboy you were in love with.

And looking back now you wish that was the worst of the dramatics, but no, it would be a rather boring situation if it was. Because your next challenge came a week after your little fight with benny.