He doesn't even bat an eyelid.

"No further questions" I hear someone say, and an arm brought round me, pulling me off the stand while I keep my eyes on the monster that seems scar less.

-

"We have found Dean Brian guilty of attempted murder, assault and harassment" The woman stands, pushes her thick rimmed glasses up to the bridge of her nose, glances at me and gives a sad smile.

The room fills with noise. Everyone stands, hugs and cries, but I stay frozen.

I stay in my chair and wait until someone wrap an arm around mine, pulling me out of this dreadful room, the room where injustices are done every day, but not today.

Justice has finally been done.

My eyes automatically search for her as soon as we lead out of the corridor. They hit her immediately, curled in a ball on the floor with her head in her knees, her hair flat against her back, moving slightly as her sobs shake her fragile body.

People glance at her in pity, none going to help of comfort her. I just watch, and then feeling comes back, the feeling of love that seems to take over any of the anger, pity or triumph I was feeling.

I push past suit covered shoulders and weave till my knees crash beside her, pulling her body into my open arms.

"I'm free Luke" Her voice muffled by her violent sobs and my shirt that is quickly getting dampen by her tears, pressing flat, tightly against my chest.

"I'm free" She howls repeatedly. People look in pity and sympathy; looks we've both seen too much of recently. I nod at a few, and then dig my face into her hair, pulling her closer.

"I can finally move on Luke. He's gone and now I can live life like normal girls do. I can worry if you only text back one kiss instead of two. I can worry about having a pimple and my mascara ruining when it rains. I love you so much Luke. Thank you" Free running tears fall quickly down her cheeks as she looks up at me.

"Don't worry, because that's what I'm supposed to do for you. I love you so much Demi."

I press my lips on her forehead and let his pain and his scars fade away with every tear, until they run out and they fade into thin pale brown lines like the ones on her wrists.

-

Her fingers curl round the envelope as she looks up at me, pleading for me to tell her what to do.

"The results. They gave them to me in case I wanted to know. I don't know whether I do" She says and keeps her eyes on mine, not even glancing down at the white envelope that hold something that could change the rest of our lives, and our daughter's.

I nod as words don't seem to leave my mouth. I don't know whether I want to know. I don't know whether she wants to know. I don't know whether our daughter wants to know. I do know though, that we have to know.

Her small slender fingers pull at the flap, one bit at a time, making my body shake and filling me with an unfamiliar feeling of pure fear.

Her lip pulls between her teeth as she battles with herself whether she wants to know too.

Her fingers stop as the flap becomes flat revealing a folded piece of paper inside. She gulps, glancing up to me and then back at the envelope.

Before my mind can catch up with my action, my hand lurches forward, snatching the envelope out of her hands.

She looks up at me in confused rather than shock. I feel like she didn't want to know, thought I did and that's why she was going to.

I look down at it in my hands. It would be so easy to pull it out, read it and smile or cry.

I move my hands to both sides and watch as it rips down the middle, rips again and again, until it's in countless amounts of flakes on the floor amongst our feet.

The last flake of paper swirls round in spirals till it lands flat on the cap of my converse. I look up at her and watch as her face displays no emotion, as if telling me what I'd done was right.

"Whatever that said, wouldn't have changed anything. I'm her father. She's my daughter, whether I am biologically or not. I know what that said and I don't need to read it to confirm it. I love her and that makes not knowing and all of this worth it"

_______________

Well....that was....something! I don't know what that was, and defiantly spontaneous because that was defiantly not planned! But I really do hope you guys liked that because I didn't even know that I had wrote that until I read it back and was like, Jesus Christ, I am defiantly on my period because that's so deep and sad shit!

And here I promise you, which I am very happy and glad to promise you, that the rest of the whirlwind of a book is going to be happy! Yes happy! Something that hasn't really happened, at all! But yes, I have small things planned for the rest and you will hopefully smile!

So thoughts on all that? Luke's outburst? (didn't want to show you guys the whole thing because it would have been long and he would have said lots of stuff Demi did, and so would the others so this way it was shorter and less sad) Luke ripping up the letter?

please vote and comment because it make me happy, it makes my heart sing and gives my sunshine when skies are grey! (I'm not religious but that was a Christian song we sang in primary school! Facepalm!)

Love ya all!

And no my authors not with always be long!

Emz xx