Shampoo and memories

"So, tell me about the bad day" Caitlin said gently, stroking the back of Remus' head as he closed his eyes at her touch and remained lay on her stomach, between her legs.

"I'd rather just lie here and let you do this" he mumbled against her shirt tiredly, loving the feeling of her hand running through his hair, and the fabric of her clothes soft against his cheek.

"Well I'm assuming they didn't give a job?" She sighed, feeling him shake his head against hers, lifting it up and resting his chin on her stomach, with apologetic yet loving eyes, "Stop looking at me like that! It doesn't matter whether you have a job or not"

"I know...but with your aura position practically gone and the children, Sirius and Liv included, I just feel like I should have a job by now" he huffed, eyes guilty.

"Remus...I've said it once...and I'll say it again" she sighed, before a smirk quirked at her lips, "Sirius is loaded!"

Remus let out a small chuckle and nodded in agreement, looking over the dog who caught onto their conversation and rolled his eyes whilst Hope slept on his side.

"I better put her to bed" Remus stated with a small smile, heaving himself up, placing a small peck on his wife's head and taking her upstairs.

Crack.

"Hey" came the once bright, now dull voice from the corridor, as Caitlin and Sirius, now in human form, gave each other a sad look.

"Hi...in here" Caitlin called gently as Tonks strolled in with a sad smile, "How you feeling?"

"I'm fine" She chuckled lightly, looking between the two, "I've already told you both, things happen, we went into this war knowing the consequences, I just wish it hadn't been him who faced them"

"Me too" she sighed, giving her a comforting smile as the pink haired witch dropped down onto the couch, her head resting against Caitlin's shoulder.

"We miss you by the way" she mumbled, turning her head as Caitlin scoffed.

"The only people I actually spoke to were you, Kingsley and Mood-yeah..." she sighed sadly as Tonks nodded in agreement to her hesitation.

"Did Lupin find a job then?" She asked after a while as Caitlin shook her head slowly with a guilty look.

"He feels like he has to and it's killing me, because I know he doesn't, we have enough money to get by and I just don't see why he thinks he should-"

"He's a man" Sirius piped up, looking away from his paper, sat in the chair next to the couch with a knowing look, "when your married and have people to look after other then yourself, you want to provide"

"Easy for you to say" Remus smirked, walking back into the room and nodding in greeting Tonks.

"I'm sure Reg had a fund for you, you know?" Sirius enquired as both Remus and Caitlin's ears pricked up and Tonks looked at the three in confusion.

"How? He's literally three months old?" She questioned as the three sent her a look as if to say 'are you joking?'

"My dad you idiot" Caitlin laughed, realising she was being very serious.

"Don't take my word for it" Sirius defended, lifting his hands up as he looked between the two, "But I'm sure he said something about setting you up"

"I highly doubt it, surely I would have already got it by now, right?" She asked her uncle who simply shrugged.

"Not as if you can go Gringotts anytime soon is it"

"About what Padfoot said earlier..." Remus mumbled whilst loosening his tie and unbuttoning his shirt, both stood in their bedroom as they got changed.