Me and you

"Wait...so let me get this straight, you actually knocked Snivellous to the floor Moony? Like...knuckles to nose...Severus fucking Snape?"

"Oh honestly Black it was the best thing I have ever witnessed" Liv sighed in awe, thinking back to the day as she looked over to Remus and Caitlin, laughing away to themselves, unable to catch their breathes, lightly buzzed as Caitlin sat on his lap, her arm wrapped around his shoulder and his resting against her leg.

Caitlin had been drinking rather thoroughly, therefore the mention of the man that had been weighing down on her chest for so long, the last few weeks, didn't really impact her much in her drunken state.

"In my defence...he was being a down right arse" Remus held his hands up in innocence.

"Why? What did he do?" Sirius asked in curiosity as the others gave each other a nervous look and Caitlin cleared her throat.

"He...um...he hit me" She stated with an awkward look as Liv rolled her eyes and Remus scoffed.

"He didn't hit you, he almost knocked you out cold" Remus muttered in spite as Caitlin ran her hands through the back of his hair to soothe his slight anger.

"Yeah well...that's in the past now okay? He has changed" She sighed, kissing her husband on the cheek and leaning over the table to reach for her drink.

"He hit you?!" Sirius exclaimed, anger and disgust swimming across his already glassy eyes as she nodded with a small and pained smile, "What an absolute prick!!"

"Can we er...can we change the subject now, please" She chuckled slightly, not wanting to think of him anymore.

The Three Broomsticks was still lively as ever, possibly more so now then when they entered as the night went on. Drinks flowed, laughter tumbled and problems were forgot in the alcohol fuelled atmosphere.

"Want to get some fresh air?" Remus mumbled into Caitlin's ear as Sirius and Liv jumped up to dance to the song that was blasting through the magically charmed speakers.

She jumped up off his lap, underestimating the amount she had to drink as her head spun slightly and she stumbled into him as he caught her with a chuckle.

"Lightweight" he teased, yet he could also feel the slight tingle running through his blood as he stood.

They walked through the crowd of drunken wizards and witches, pushing the door open and instantly feeling refreshed at the cold, midnight air hitting them in the face as they stood under the canopy of the door's pub.

Caitlin leant herself side ways against the wall watching as Remus searched his pockets, pulling out a cardboard box and retrieving a cigarette from it, immediately lighting it with a click of his fingers and tilting his head back as he took the first drag, his eyes glued to the night sky as she watched him in awe.

She cleared her throat causing his head to snap to her as she raised her eyebrows and sent him a pointed look, nodding to the smoke that now rested nimbly between his two fingers.

"I know" he chuckled, "Not very fatherly" he held the box out to her in order for her to take one as he took another drag, one of his eyes closing as he placed it between his lips.

Instead of reaching for the box she simply plucked the smoke out of his mouth with a cheeky grin and took a drag herself as he chuckled at her child like manner.

The taste of the burning tobacco travelling down her throat causing her to cough slightly yet she still managed to revel in the sorely missed feeling.

She turned her body so her back was now pressed against the wall, one hand pressed behind her back as Remus followed suit and leant on the stone wall opposite, retrieving the cigarette from her cold hand as she reached over the small gap between them to pass it to him.