The World.

Weeks flew by quickly in the new year, lessons commenced as usual and everyone began talking about how amazing their Christmas was. Comparing gifts, funny stories and events whilst Caitlin sat smiling to herself, knowing that her Christmas came close to around 12 Christmases in one. Her holiday was full of love, and friendship and laughter. Reconciliation and bonding and most importantly, him.

The month of March had just started and Caitlin had fallen back into the flow of school life, studies and work quite easily. She had barely seen Remus and it came to show when she walked into the Defence classroom one Wednesday afternoon, after lessons had finished, Liv at her side, spotting a very tired and ill looking professor sat in his empty classroom, head in hands trying not to fall asleep.

They gave each other a weary and guilt filled look for forgetting the full moon was that night. Liv turned quickly to lock the door behind her, the click of the lock snapping Remus' attention up to them.

"Oh...hello" he forced a smile that did not reach his eyes and attempted to sit up straight, presenting a healthy and happy persona, yet failing miserably. Every muscle ached and every bone crunched and popped in movement. It felt as if his veins had ran out of blood and were dryly scratching together causing a small wince every time he moved.

"Not looking your best Lupin" Liv commented, pulling up a seat and pouring herself some of his tea.

"I wouldn't" he shook his head as she was about to take a sip.

"Let me guess...whiskey?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow disapprovingly.

"Yes yes I know...alcoholic" he chuckled, wincing once more at the pain it caused in his stomach, before turning his head to see a sad looking Caitlin gazing down at him.

"I'm fine, love" he smiled sweetly, patting his knee for her to sit, yet she shook her head and pulled up a chair from one of the desks in the centre of the classroom.

"I'm not sitting on you, it will just cause more pain" she stated, placing her chair next to his and ushering him to turn around to face her.

"Oh god" he chuckled, looking to Liv with an exhausted yet amused expression before spinning in his chair to face her and letting her examine him like she always did.

Her eyes trailed from his old silvery scars, to his pale complexion and dilated pupils. It physically pained her to see him look so ill and she wanted nothing more than to ease his suffering. 

"So what's the verdict doctor?" he asked as her hands left his face, and she let out an unsatisfied sigh.

"Well Mr.Lupin" she started very professionally, "I'm afraid I have some bad news"

"What's that?" he chuckled.

"It seems to me...that your a werewolf" she shrugged, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"NO WAY!" he feigned shock, holding his forehead with his palm as she let out a rather loud giggle. "How is that possible?". His dramatic nature drifting away as he fell into the same belly laugh as she did, looking down at the girl clutching her stomach with a large grin as melodic sounds left her mouth and Liv who sat on the other side of the table, eyebrows furrowed, looking at the two like they were mental.

"You two are weird"

"Best way to be Callwell" Remus beamed, sliding his fingers into Caitlin's, the familiar and now pleasant shocks surging through their arms as she rested her head gently against his shoulder.

"Are we ever going to find out what the hell that is?" she questioned, her head never moving from his broad arm, as the shocks died down into a soft tingle.