Chapter six: Bad Day

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad he agreed. While I think I've gotten better at controlling my powers, I haven't had much of a chance to use them to their full potential." Storm chuckled as she opened the door for me, leading me out behind the school to where the fields were.

"Well, let's change that, shall we, Jason?" The clouds rumbled overhead, and I found myself wondering if it was Jupiter cheering me on, or Storm's powers. I had a feeling it was both.

"You're on." I felt the air shift around me as both Storm and I began to fly. I didn't bother taking out my weapon, since she had none of her own. This would be a power fight, nothing more, nothing less.

Lighting flashed around us dangerously, as both of our powers clashed together. Mother Nature worked for us both, and unfortunately, Storm had more of an advantage than I did. I could see the shift in the wind, and could dodge her hailstorms or blasts of lighting, countering with my own that she too had to dodge. But, she had control of the weather, which meant she was more powerful than I—in technical terms of course. I needed an edge, something.

Think Jason....thin-.

Tempest.

I focused, hoping the storm spirt would show.

Thank the Fates he did.

Tempest surrounded Storm, throwing her off balance so her second gust of hail missed me. I paused, trying to catch my breath. I wondered if storm summoning was as draining for her as it was for me.

Tempest swirled around Storm, and I could tell she wasn't happy about it. I debated calling him off before I realized that Storm had it covered.

I saw her hand raise towards the sky, and a flash of lighting came down from the sky, one that seemed to come from the Gods themselves. She completely disintegrated Tempest, and once he was gone, her white hair blowed in every which way, eyes white in anger. Storm told me once, how back in Africa, she was worshipped as a Goddess, a wind walker. Now, it was easy to see why—if I didn't know better, I would assume she was a Goddess.

Tempest would come back, right?

Storm began to cough, eyes going back to normal, probably trying to get her breath back from not holding her breath when disintegrating Tempest. I took that as my opportunity and charged at her.

No such luck.

A large gust of wind was sent my way, pushing me into a tree. My head collided with the trunk, and I fell unconscious.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You think he'll be alright?"

"Pft. He'll be fine." I groaned, opening my eyes...or eye. I couldn't quite see out of one of them.

"He's awake." Jean Gray, one of Xavier's students walked over to me.

"Jason? Are you alright?" Lord Apollo, to the left of her, snorted.

"Alright?! Of course he isn't "alright"! He has a cut lip, a small concussion, and two broken ribs." That explains the pain...and why I can't move all that much.

"I was asking him!!" Jean snapped, walking away to get something.

"Would you like a lollipop?" I turned my head slightly (as much as it hurt). A giant, fluffy...robot thing was sitting on the bed next to me, holding a lollipop.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am Baymax, your personal healthcare provider. Would you like a lollipop?"

"No, thanks." I said. Jean walked back over with Ambrosia and Nectar.

"Here. Eat and drink up. It heal your eye and maybe ease the concussion, but you'll have to stay a couple days for nevertheless." I glanced at Lord Apollo.