"What is it?"

Charlotte inhaled, revealing, "Look, I like Kol and he likes me back but I am not ready to do this whole thing again. To just like—love someone so much that they have power over me and I get my heart broken all over again."

"You said he was willing to wait?"

"I saw the way he looked at me and I felt bad that my feelings weren't the same, okay?"

"Just because it didn't work with Stefan doesn't mean it won't work with every other good guy out there and no, I don't mean Kol as a good guy because good guys don't threaten their girlfriend's best friend's brother," Caroline said, holding the clipboard close to her chest.

"That is stating that Stefan is a good guy?" Charlotte raised an eyebrow as a scoff escaped her lips, "Good guys don't lock their friend's inside car trunks and make them relive the most traumatizing experience of their life, Caroline!"

The blonde girl sighed, "I know but he had been trying his best to work his way back in your good graces, so...can't we just give him an exception on good guys' definition?"

"Oh," Charlotte smiled, raising an eyebrow as she asked sarcastically, "Just like Kol's exception?"

Caroline rolled her eyes at Charlotte's remark just as Elena asked, picking up a chandelier, "Where do you want me to hang this thing?"

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity she should have shown up to do it herself," She took the chandelier from Elena and handed it to a passing-by student, "Just no!"

The blonde girl saw Matt and Jeremy hanging up stars in the ceiling, "What are you doing? You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down!"

"Trickle, duh!"

She rolled her eyes, a small smile on the tip of her lips, "Look at them all bromancy."

"Yeah, I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the Grill."

"That was...nice of him," Caroline commented, exchanging a look with Charlotte who rolled her eyes as a subtle reply that Matt wasn't doing it to deliberately light the nonexistent flame between him and Elena.

"Jeremy has got a lot on his mind," Elena sighed, shaking her head, "The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out."

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?"

"Don't remind me," Charlotte grimaced, shaking her head, "That was the most awkward moment of my life after breakfast with Rebekah and Serena. Jeremy was two seconds away from burying himself alive."

The Gilbert girl had a small smile on her face as she rolled her eyes, "I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it."

"Aww, what are friends for?" Caroline shrugged her shoulders before asking, "So who are you bringing to the dance?"

Elena wrapped a feather boa around her neck, furrowing her eyebrows together, "What do you mean? I thought the three of us and Bonnie were going as girl dates."