"Nobody calls you that," He replied as Charlotte pursed her lips together, "And no, nothing is mystically better with you gone."

"I bet that's what everyone thinks, they don't need to say it out loud," She said, sitting back on the porch's swing, "Why are you calling me, Stefan? We are not friends, remember? You tossed that way when you let revenge be the goal."

Charlotte had always hoped that end of the day when all was said and done, she wouldn't have to lose someone forever. She didn't want to lose Stefan but she felt like she had no choice in the matter. It was his actions that lead them to this place, no one could blame her for reacting like a normal functioning human being who took offense for being locked up in a car's trunk.

She could hear him inhale sharply before retorting, "Oh, that was tossed away long before."

Normally, Charlotte would disagree and try to convince him of her point. He had counted on that before she shrugged her shoulders, "Either way, it's gone. We are not friends, allies...or anything but eh, thanks for the call. It gave me a taste of home."

The call had gotten awfully quiet before Charlotte made the choice to pull the phone away from her ear and hang up.

✵ ✵ ✵

Charlotte looked through her phone throughout the day. She frowned as she looked at the time; Kol never took that long, especially since he had left the night before. Sure she never asked where he was because it was only for a few hours and it wasn't that suspicious.

The brunette bit her bottom lips, reluctantly opening Find My Friends on her phone. She had put it on Kol's phone before when he was first learning how to use one, with him knowing about that, of course.

She checked his location and a deep frown was etched on her forehead when she found Elena and Damon in the same location.

Charlotte rose to her feet, letting out a long sigh. Her mind was racing, a million thoughts a second before she put on her shoes and locked the door, throwing the keys in her handbag.

The brunette jumped in her car, desperately trying to focus on the road rather than her overwhelming thoughts. Denver. Kol was in Denver, who else was in Denver? Jeremy Gilbert.

She pursed her lips together, piecing out everything. There was no start over for Kol, considering Denver was just half an hour away from Lakewood. Kol lied to her and she could already picture Elena and Damon's faces when she turns up at the batting cage.

Charlotte bit her bottom lip harshly as she tried to find all possible ways to approach the matter. The brunette parked in front of the batting cage but by the time she had arrived, there was no Elena, Jeremy, or even Damon. Just Kol with a bat embedded in his chest.

"I don't even know what to say," She pursed her lips together, looking down at his body, "No, I am not doing this," Charlotte shook her head and walked out before pulling her phone out of her purse.

"Hey, Elena," Charlotte opened her car door, getting inside. She silently took note of how fast the brunette answered, "I, umm, I am in Denver and I am on my way to you."

"Hey—"

She interjected, sighing, "Look, I know that all of this is confusing but I will explain everything as soon as I get to the motel."