Chapter 5: Devils Got A Great Smile

Start from the beginning

"What? There's more...you know..."

"Monsters?"

"Well yeah."

"Yes there are more monsters. In fact, we are the only mixed 'coven' in this town."

"Town? There's a town?"

"I knew that once you'd start asking questions then you'd never stop. Anyway, yes there is a town."

"Is it only full of monsters?"

"Monsters seems as a bit of a harsh word, lets try using the word creature. No, there's not only just creatures in the town. There are humans, just like any other town."

"Do they know...about the creatures?"

"Yeah, all of the people in the town are related to some of the creatures, that's why they're allowed to live here, because they have a blood relation."

"Is that why they don't know about me? Because I'm not supposed to be in this town?"

"Noo...Well, I can't really tell you why, it's stepping too far into Maliks territory."

"I thought you said that you never  do what Malik says?"

"I don't but nice try. You should speak to Malik if you want to find out more, I would do that soon aswell if you want to stop the Slayers from attacking."

"You know you've managed to confuse me more than actually making here make sense."

"Well that's what I'm here for. Besides, you asked me more then one question and because of that I get to stay here and ask you some."

"What? Why?"

"You broke the rules and so here's the penalty. Okay...Here's my first question. Why were you alone that night that I took you?"

"What? How many questions are there gonna be?"

"A couple. Now answer my question."

"Argh! Fine....I dunno."

"You don't know why you were alone."

"Well...I wasn't alone, not at first. I went out with my friends and...I argued with them." I said, sad that the last conversation that I will ever have with the people that I've known since I was a toddler at play school was me telling them to stick their concern up their ass. 

"Here's my second question. Were you close with your family?"

"Can we please not talk about my family." I said, trying to hold back the tears that came each time I thought about my mother and my brother.

"Come on, answer the question. If you do then I promise to only ask one more question." Sedrick said, pulling an innocent looking face.

"Yes. I was. My mother was my rock, we'd gotten even closer since my father died. My older brother was so protective of me, he probably would have gone crazy when he found out that I had gone missing." I sighed, memories of them was enough to drive me crazy.

"Hmmm...Time for my last question, why are you so nervous around me?"

"Are you kidding me? You're a vampire, you've tried to kill me twice, you kidnapped me and you constantly scare me."

"Haha, I'll give you the constantly scaring you but some of those things you can keep lying to yourself about but they aren't true."

"What? Yeah they are."

"No the're not. When you're with Marcus or Malik, they're both vampires but yet your heartrate remains the same. Secondly so did Julian but I had the decency to talk to you after wards. Finally, Malik was the one who told Julian to take you, I just stole the job from him. What I wanna know is, why are you so nervous of me?" he walked towards me and spoke so softly, it was like I was in a trance, he was soo....

"Ma'am, Mr Malik wants to speak to you." a voice said, knocking at the door and then walking in, straight away Sedrick backed off, guilty looking.

"Sedrick! I wonder what Mr Malik would say, I think I might just mention to him that you're trying to take his girl." Marcus said, smiling.

"Go ahead, there ain't no truth in it." he flashed me another devilish smile, "addio" he said, meaning goodbye in Italian.

He walked out of the door at human speed, walking straight past Marcus as if he weren't even there and I heard his footsteps trailing off down the hallway.

"Are you ready to go?" Marcus said, I nodded and then he walked out of the door, me following in his wake.

He locked the door when we were both outside and then began walking down the hallway.

He walked the whole way in silence, I didn't feel like making conversation either and so I just followed, a blush was forming on my cheeks from my talk with Sedrick.

What had I been thinking, talking to him?

Especially letting him get inside my head and know that he made me feel nervous just by being there, I couldn't have done anything more stupider.

He knows about my family, he knows about my friends, he can use this to twist my mind, manipulate me because he knows how to hurt me.

And yet he wonders why he makes me nervous?

I am scared of him, I am scared of all of the people in this house!

They are vampires, they want to kill me and drink my blood, of course I'm gonna be scared out of my pants.

"He's inside." Marcus said, stopping outside the door and knocking so that Malik knew we were there.

I nodded and then pushed open the door slowly, cautiously walking in.

Malik was sat on his throne, stress was written across his face.

"You asked to see me" I said after I cleared my throat. I no longer felt shy, I was confident and annoyed and this would fuel my fire of hate.

"Ahh yes, did you manage to get any sleep? Anything to eat?" he replied, standing up and gesturing for me to sit back on the bench that I had been sitting on earlier.

I shook my head, trying to forget the past hour or so that I had spent talking to Sedrick.

"Okay, I'll have to get Maddy to bring you something to eat as soon as you get back to your room, I don't think you've eaten anything since you've been here have you?"

"No...I haven't really felt well enough to eat something."

"Do you want me to call a doctor? Do you feel unwell still?" he said, his face wracked with concern.

"No...I'm fine."

"Hmm...I'll still get one of the witches to come and check on you. Anyway, I think it be best that we talk."

"What about?" I asked, stupid question, probably my death.

"About why you're here." he said and then took a seat beside me.

I gulped and waited for him to begin talking, edging away from him in case he had decided that I was to be killed now.

I braced myself for death