Season 5 Episode 11: City of Angels

Shawn's POV:

We have been back in Lima for almost a week now. They threw us a whole welcome back party. Cake and everything. I was so surprised but I kinda expected it. I didn't know they missed us that much. We leave for Nationals today. I'm so excited. I put my suitcase right next to me.

"Mom, Burt!" I shout from my seat next to Kitty and Jake. I run up and hug them. "You guys came."

"We wouldn't miss it for the world honey." My mom said rubbing my cheek. Sam comes up and hug them.

"Hello Carole and Burt. You guy came to see us win." Sam said in a death Vader voice. Serious that doesn't even match what he just said. My mom and Burt laugh.

"You are something else Sam. You really are." Burt says and ruffles his hair. "Hey guys." Burt waves at everyone else. Blaine come up and hugs my mom and Artie and Tina come up waiting for a hug. I go and sit back down in my seat. "We just wanted to come in and say that, uh, Finn really cared about you guys. More than you know." Burt started. I see everyone get a little tense.

"Finn always said that winning nationals was the greatest accomplishment of his life. Besides being a big brother to Shawn." My mom adds and looks at me. I smile. "But I honestly believe that coaching you guys to winning would meant even more to him."

"Now, now we're not saying go out there and win it for Finn. That wasn't his style." Burt does a slight clap. "Um, what Finn would have said was this is the time of your lives right now. Your never gonna forget it, and in a moment, it's all gonna be over." Burt explains to us. I wipe a tear from my eye.

"So no sad faces. No regrets. Just go out there and have a blast, and, you know, it'll be pay of you won the damn thing." My mom says and we laugh.

"And the best part about it is that Burt and Carole have agreed to come with us as chaperones." Mr. Shue says and everyone cheers and claps while Ryder picks up his suitcase in excitement. "But I think before we go, we need a little mood music to send us off." Mr. Shue rubs his hand together. He turns around. "Brad?" He said pointing at Brad.

(Shawn sings Artie's part. Sorry Artie. She also runs out and gets those hotdogs with Sam and Jake)
—————————————————————
"Dont look now, but I think someone famous just came in!" Kitty squeals as we are in the hotel lobby.

"It's L.A, famous people are everywhere." I turn around to see who she was looking at. My eyes widening in surprise and excitement as I see someone unexpected. Mercedes came in wearing sunglasses and had a fake dog in her hand!!

"Even better! It's Mercedes Jones!" Unique states smiling.

"Cedes!" I run over to her and hug her.

"Hey munchkin." She says laughing. "How was the cooking program in New York?" She asked.

"It was amazing. My teacher is a strict lady and people told me she never likes anyone's meals but she liked all of mine!!" I shout excitedly.

"That's amazing!! That means your cooking is good. Which it is. Them blueberry muffins are fire." Mercedes says amazed.

"I knew you liked them, so I made you some." I pull out a plastic bag with mini blueberry muffins.

"Oh my god!! Your the best!!" Mercedes squeals and hugs me again. I laugh.

"I was hoping you'd make it!" Tina says smiling as everyone comes up to us.