Season 4 Episode 20: Lights Out

Shawn's POV:

It's the Monday after Angel got arrested. She got arrested on Saturday. Even though I have been back to school since I was outed, that was only to talk to the glee club. Today is my first official week back.

"You ready?" Sam asked me as we stood in front of the doors to our school.

"Yeah. Let's go." I say breathlessly.

We walk in the school. Like the last time I came in here, everyone was looking at me.

"Just don't look at them." Sam whispered from next to me. I nod my head slowly. I look down at the ground

We continue walking until we hear unfamiliar voices.

"Excuse me?" I look up and see a group of cheerleaders. "Are you Shawn Hudson?"

"Yes." I answer nervously.

They all giggle making me confused.

"Here's my number. Call me if you ever want to have fun." The cheerleader in front of me says with a wink. My eyes widen as they walk off.

"That was weird." I say puzzled and scratch my head.

"Don't you see what this means? People actually don't care about it. Or in her case, she likes it." Sam tells me excitedly. "So are you going for it?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I shook my head furiously "No way. I am taking a long break from dating. After what just happened, I need a minute off. I don't need another insane ex girlfriend who kills puppies and has a sex audio recording of me." I shudder at the memory.

"Yeah, I low key kinda forgot." Sam tells me wincing at the memory.

"Let's go sausage lips." I say shaking my head and Sam glared at me. I chuckle at this. We walk off to our separate classes.
—————————————————————
"Hey Kitty. Who are you texting?" Ryder asked Kitty as several of us are on our phone in the choir room. "Let me see your phone."

"I'm playing 4 Pics 1 Word, weirdo stalker." She brings her phone closer to her. "Do I need to get a restraining order?" She asked sarcastically and I chuckle at that.

"Guys, we got a problem." Mr. Shue states seriously as he came into the choir room. "Her name is Frida Romero. With regionals only a few weeks away, I went to scout out the competition..." he starts "The Hoosierdaddies have a secret weapon. She's a tiny little sophomore, never competed before, but her voice could fill an arena. I mean, it's big. And the only way to beat them is to be huge. I'm talking stadium huge. Epic songs that will blow the heads of of 100,000 people at a time." He says and the lights go out. Everyone looks around puzzled.

"Oh no. Please tell me it's not another shooting." I say getting scared.

"It's not you idiot. It wasn't a real shooting. Sue's gun accidentally went off twice, remember?" Kitty tells me.

"Oh yeah. And she got fired. Thanks the heavens." I sigh in relief and smile. Then the lights go out on the hallway.

"Zombie apocalypse." Sam yells out of nowhere.

"Or Beyoncé's halftime show." Unique turns around and points a finger. My eyes gleam with happiness.

"Queen B is here???" I say smiling brightly. "Where? Where?"

Before anyone could answer, the PA system turns on.

"Children, this power outage is not an emergency. Nor is it an excuse to go wilding through the hallways." Mr. Figgins starts. Uh, too late for that Figgins. I already hear kids outside. "While we're investigating the root of this near calamity, classes will continue and your brains are to remain in the on positions." Too late for that as well because my brain is already off. "If the darkness persists, candles and flashlights will be distributed based on grade point average." He added. Why does he sound like a robot? "I now have to turn of the P.A. system so I can save our precious generator resources for the coffee machine and my plug-in lower back vibrator."