THIRTY FOUR

Mia drove 40 minutes to Trent's house before jumping out of her car making sure she had brought the letter with her.

She walked up to the door before taking a deep breath and knocking.

She waited a few minutes and no one answered so she tried again. Training had finished an hour ago so he should be home. Mia knocked on the door and tried again before someone answered the door.

Trent was stood there with wet hair and nothing on but a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Mia you came," Trent said a huge grin on his face.

"I can come back later if you want. I didn't realise you were busy," she replied as she turned to head back to her car.

"No stay," Trent replied as he grabbed her hand to turn her around.

"I think we need to talk anyway."

Mia thought about it for a second before accepting. She walked into his house and sat on the couch a bit uncomfortable as she felt like she was trespassing.

"Make yourself at home. I'll just go get dressed." Trent went upstairs to get changed as Mia looked around the house.

It was very modern and posh. The walls were mainly white and grey with gold and black accents. His living room was huge with a decent sized kitchen although knowing Trent he would never use it.

"Hey you okay?" Trent asked as he came back down the stairs.

"Yeah just looking around your new place," Mia said as she sat back down on the sofa a bit more relaxed.

"Do you like it," he said cautiously.

"Yeah it's nice."

"Nice?"

"Yeah you know. It looks posh and modern but it doesn't really like home," Mia explained.

"It doesn't feel like home without you," Trent mumbled under his breath but Mia still heard him.

"Ermm so what did you want to talk about," Mia said breaking the awkward silence.

"I spoke to my brothers and they think I should give you a chance to explain."

"Do you want to give me a chance to explain?" Mia asked.

"Yeah."

"Well what do you want to know?"

"The truth. I tried to come talk to you earlier but Perrie wouldn't let me see you," he said as he looked down.

"I know. Alex told me. I mean he was the one who gave me the letter after she threw it in the bin."

"Wait why would she do that?" Trent asked confused.

"It doesn't matter let's just figure this out."

Trent sat on the sofa next to Mia with not much of a gap between them.

"How do I start? So when we went to Menorca Jesse started flirting with me. I never really noticed but now I think about it he was. That day we was on the yatch and I went to get a drink at dinner, Jesse was in the kitchen getting something as well. I don't know what."

Trent took Mia's hands in his making sure she knew he was paying attention. She looked at him and smiled liking the contact before continuing with her story.

"He apologized to me for all the flirting when he knew I was with you. I told him it was fine before walking away. Or at least I tried to. He pulled my arm and kissed me but I never kissed him back. I pulled away from him and poured my drink over him. That's why he came back to the table with wet hair."