33

and that anytime never came.

you always waited. yet only smiles and a little talk- how are you's, are you okay's and that's it where exchanged.

he changed homes without telling you, yet who were you for him to say it to you?

nevertheless, he made the i am all yours clear though. whenever you needed something, or basically anything- a ride, a part-time job, another house, its there right in front of you, prepared by the one and only. (read: well, when kang isn't fast enough to be there for you.)

its confusing, really. what are you both? you knew you still both at least liked each other, so? 

you sighed as your head heavily bangs your study table, garnering kang's attention who was comfortably lying on your bed playing games on his phone.

"the fuck's your problem?" kang abruptly stops your head from banging again, muttering nonsense. 

"its nothing, really."

kang knew anything but to believe you. he read you like an open book, making it harder to actually bury his feelings deeper. he just found himself caring more, noticing small details more. 

oh, and of course the tension between you and dohyun.

he wasn't dumb, hell everyone in a room with you and dohyun would make the atmosphere very awkward in less than a second.

"just fucking talk to him, jesus christ." kang mumbles as he lightly flicks the back of your head.

"that's it. i don't know what to talk about." you throw your head back to meet kang's eyes. you pouted, "and why the hell will i start the conversation? he's the one in the wrong here!" 

"well, that's technically right." kang nods slightly, "but if you're that deranged then might as well consider talking to him first, right?" he raises his eyebrows which causes you to groan. "just fucking suck it up, hyerin."

"fine.." you pout once again and kang swears he could still feel butterflies in his stomach.

but of course, it wasn't that easy. it was as if the world was against you, particularly. it went on like-

"have you seen dohyun?"

"he's in a meeting."

or,

"hey, i haven't seen dohyun around. do you have any idea where he is?"

"oh, he's out the country to settle some things,"

splendid.

"i give up." you plop to your bed, its been weeks. dreading weeks, to be exact. all you wanted to do was to clear the tension between the both of you. if anything, even if it meant not getting whatever relationship you had back then. you just wanted the uncomfortable people around you to be... comfortable. "why don't you know his sched?"

"because i don't need to," he simply said as you huffed out countless breaths already. "look, you just have shit timing," kang mumbles, not even sparing a glance at you while continued to play on his phone. you poke his side playfully, earning a glare from him. "you did not just," he mumbled, setting his phone aside while you rolled your eyes.

he easily got your wrists as he hovered over you naturally, pining your arms over your head and instantly started tickling you.

"don't mess with me," he threatens as you saw a wide grin plastered in his face, you reciprocating it. he hands stop as he waited for you to reply, but you only stuck out your tongue and he continued to tickle you.

giggles and chuckles were resonating around the room. well, not until you heard another voice.

"hey hyerin, uh.." dohyun stopped on his tracks, the view in front of him making him sick to his stomach. kang removed himself on top of you and releasing your wrists, not forgetting to caress it in case he gripped on it too hard. "sorry. should've knocked louder," he mumbles, ready to leave again.

you looked at kang, silently asking for his help. kang sighed, because yes, to be honest, he thought the both of you had a moment there for a second. he motioned you to follow dohyun and lightly pushed your back, nodding at you for reassurance.

"fuck you," kang muttered to himself, hitting his chest before letting himself drop to your bed and rest his eyes on the ceiling. "i fucking need to stop this," he massaged his temples, letting the heartache eat him up.

meanwhile, you hurriedly followed dohyun who apparently shazam-ed himself out of your apartment.

"hey, coat." your mom said before you stepped out of the house. you thanked her before sloppily putting your shoes on and trudged towards the man.

"dohyun!" you shouted, groaning when you almost hit a pole. he stops, looking at you with curious eyes.

"hey," you meet in between, you could almost cut the awkwardness with a knife. "what are you doing here?" 

"i.. wanted to talk," you sighed, biting your lips from the nervousness.

"sorry about awhile ago. your mom let me in so i figured you were alone. i shouldn't have barged when you didn't answer my knocks." he started as he lead you to a bench, letting you sit.

"its okay," you muttered, and then nothing came after that. you knew that if you didn't start this conversation, you'd stay here overnight. "i uh..," you looked for the right words, glancing at him who was only staring at his hands. "have been finding time to.. you know, talk." 

"i figured. everyone around me has been saying you're always finding me." he chuckled, making you embarrassed. 

"well, that's true. you're always not around, though." you puckered your lips, nodding your head. "i might even think you're avoiding me." you let your head down, biting your lips once again.

"that's because i am." he confidently said, letting out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. "been trying to get you out my head," he honestly said.

"w-why?" you were now more than confused. 

"i get it, you wanted closure. you want to freely date without being overly awkward. so i'll just stay away," your head moved uncomfortably to face him, giving him a face of what the fuck. baffled, puzzled and every word related to it was what you're feeling.

"the fuck are you-," 

"its better if i go." he stood up, leaving you still processing what he just said when you haven't even said anything about closure, nor dating or even the tension between the both of you.

the moment dohyun's back faced you, his face scrunched.

what the fuck did he just blabber about? to be honest, he doesn't know too. he was too nervous, too anxious. you revealing you were dating another- which was his bestfriend kang, which also, wasn't true but he was too stupid to believe otherwise, was enough to break him to pieces.

dumb fuck. just like what kang said.