2

same routine, same day. 

what the hell did i look pretty for?

oh yeah, i forgot. he told me, "see you again, ms. hyerin,"  yesterday. yeah, that was it.

i unconsciously tapped my foot, waiting for him to enter the glass door of the cafe. fortunately, i was tasked to be on the counter again but not with seung today. he worked at the back, helping with organizing coffee beans and pastries.

so by actually waiting for him, i had tons of customers to attend to. every time i hear the bell on the door, i glance at it only to be disappointed. 

"yeah, it was high of me to think he'll be back the next day," i muttered, my back leaning against the counter while grinding the beans.

"who'll be back the next day?" that familiar, enticing voice asked, making me jump at the sudden comeback. 

"o-oh! definitely not you, sir." i look down and bite my lip, rolling my eyes at how dumb i just looked.

"that's a shame then," he gives me a small chuckle. "i was looking forward to seeing you today," 

fuck, my heart just ran a lap.

i just stared at him mouth agape, not knowing what to reply to that until he laughs it off. god, he's ethereal. he looks unreal with his suit and slicked back hair, his posture way too perfect than a person can on such a casual day. same look, but hell does he look charming every time i see him.

"i'll have what i had yesterday," he starts and just like any other customer, after giving him his drink, he leaves with a smile.

this continues on for a few weeks, everyday. i looked forward to the next day right after he leaves the cafe, thanking the gods for making me love coffee, and giving me a chance to work on this lucky cafe. 

i mean, everyone who worked in here were just one call away to anything, even outside work. they felt like my second family, and i've never been more thankful.

-

this wasn't any other day dohyun had to order one drink, have a little conversation while his coffee is being made and leave, instead..

 "i'll have what i had yesterday, and tell me, what's your favorite drink in here?" i blinked rapidly and took my eyes off of him.

"you don't have to buy me a drink sir!" i blurt out, waving my hands in front of him.

"i was.." he trailed off, looking down and suppressing a laugh. "going to buy a drink for my friend there," he pointed outside to a car, whose got its windows down, a man looking at him and instantly bowed at him when he pointed at him.

oh.

OH.

"holy fuck did i just embarrass myself, huh." i mumbled but he heard it with his elephant-like ears. he laughed louder than he has ever given, while i just cursed at myself while looking down, turning my attention to the monitor to press his order. "its espresso." i said with gritted teeth, giving him an awkward smile. "twenty thousand won, sir." he hands me his black card once again and i did my shit quickly to turn my embarrassing self back from him.

"that's such an odd drink," well, that's because it's the first in the menu, hello? who likes espresso in my age?

earth, please swallow me now.

"uh.. yeah." i mumbled and hand his card back. "do i name it both 'dohyun'?" i ask him with my head down.

"sure," i can bet my whole life he was still smiling even if i wasn't looking at him.

after the drinks are done, i gave it to him with a slight bow. 

"thank you, sorry.." i mumbled and bowed at him. 

"its okay, next time, let me buy you a drink- but not here, outside work." he smiles at you and nods at you, leaving you once again- breathless.

"what was that?" the one who was on the counter with you asked while she laughed at you and your clumsiness- or more like dumbness.

"but did he just.. ask me on a date?" you turn your attention to her, and she nodded. "holy fuck," i mumbled, but still, a smile found its way up on my lips, looking forward to the day where 'work' was out of your conversation.

i went home all flushed, smiley, and giddy. i have never felt this way, much more to a stranger i've only had little talks with. i drop my bag on the couch, squealing my way up to my bedroom. 

"what happened, hyerin?" mom walks up to my room looking all worried.

"oh, nothing mom. but great news!" i gave her the biggest smile. "despite the stupidity of your daughter, i just got asked out for a date! and its a guy i really like!" i squeal once again and jumped at her to give her a bear hug. 

"be thankful you have my face gene's, even though your clumsiness and dumbness sometimes you get from your father." she chuckles and jumps with you. "who's the unlucky guy?" i glare at her and she only chuckles. "i meant lucky," 

"well, apart from his name, that's all i know." mom widens her eyes at me, shocked at the lack of information. "he's a customer, from the cafe. he's a gentleman and the most handsome i've seen after dad," she gives me a light chuckle after giving her more information.

"just make sure he isn't the cliche bad guy, hun." she warns me before leaving my squealing self. 

what more way to end the day by looking forward to tomorrow?