10

"what?" dohyun's eyes change in a second, making me question myself if i really did see him panic the moment those words were out of my mouth.

"i said what were you two hiding from me?" i shift my eyes back and forth from dohyun to kang, waiting for one of them to talk.

kang was once again, playing with his gun, and dohyun was just looking at me.

suddenly, dohyun sighs and pats kang on the arm.

"you can go, i'll tell her."

"tell her what?" kang panics, standing straight.

"about what we were hiding from her." dohyun's back was faced on you, so you couldn't really see kang. "the mission." dohyun elaborated, and i didn't hear any more from kang. 

when dohyun steps out of the way, i see kang with his composure again and walks away after smiling at me.

"what mission?" i ask dohyun, as he walks to the bedroom i always use when i stay in his mansion.

quite kitschy, yeah? i still wasn't allowed in his office.

he sits on the chair of the study table, and asks me to sit on the bed in front of me. he holds my hand and caresses it for awhile, before sighing once again.

"we actually need your help, hyerin. we kept it a secret because we wanted to find an alternative solution for this small problem of ours." he started. "this gang we need to follow up on has a party, and one needs to attend that with a date.

"and?" i didn't see any problem, so i showed him every hint of confusion.

"you know i don't go outside when its work related," he trails off. "and kang is going.. as much as you can see we really don't have any acquaintances that are women," 

i chuckled, understanding the situation.

"no problem then, i'll help. i don't see why you need to keep this from me." 

"what?" he looks up, his time to be confused.

"its just a party of gangs, no biggie?"  i shrugged my shoulders, making him furrow his eyebrows more.

"i don't think you understand. any time of that party, someone might start a fight, and i can't afford to lose you on that. second of all.. i-," he stops. "i... uhm, i.. uh,"

"what? spit it out," i waited for him to construct his words.

"i uh..."

"ah, what?!" 

"i can't let another man touch you like how i should only!" he bursts out, his face turning red. 

well that doesn't mean i wasn't blushing too. 

after reading the room, i knew i was superior so i chuckled.

"dohyun," i was suppressing my smile. "is kang just another man for you?" i cup his cheeks. he shakes his head slightly and looks down. "he isn't right? so you trust him," i lift his head and smiled at him. "i trust him as much as you do, okay? so don't be jealous." 

"i'm not," 

"okay, then. you're not." i smiled, oggling at how cute dohyun lets out a small pout. "well then, kang will be there to protect me. i know he will, and i know you know too." i played with his cheek. 

"okay.." he mumbles, pouting again and looking down. i lift his face again but this time, his eyes met mine instantly.

we stared at each other for awhile, until his soft stare turned into something else i can't read, but i knew i was feeling something else too.

he started leaning closer, his eyes darting to my lips. my instincts did the same, and i unconsciously licked my lips.

until we were inches closer, dohyun stops.

"can i?" his voice an octave lower, which made something burn inside of me. he didn't need an answer, i was the one who closed the gap. 

the kiss was soft at first, then it turned hot in the room. 

dohyun licks my bottom lip, which made me part my lips and his tongue found its way to mine, tangling it as if it had a life of its own. he pushed me lightly to let me lie on the bed, him hovering over me.

his lips never left mine, hands never left my cheek and neck. mine were pushing him closer- it it was still possible, i didn't want anything to end tonight.

"boss, you got a call," a knock resonates the whole room, making the both of us halt.

"i'll be there in a sec," he shouts back, and stares back at you with his soft eyes once again. "i-uh, need to take that." he chuckles, while i roamed my eyes around the room, still trying to process what happened, and what could've happened.

"y-yeah, you should." he was still on top of me, waiting for me to look at him. after a few seconds of avoiding his stare, he pushes my head to the side with his index and give me his alluring smile.

"you're cute," he says and kisses my forehead before he jumps off and leaves the room.

i suddenly exhaled a good amount of air, as if i was holding it all this time.

fuck hormones.