24

"oh! you're here," seung crooks his head and looked down at you, as if it was the most normal thing to do, given the situation.

you just furrowed your eyebrows at him, trying to understand what was happening. 

 "just the man after dohyun, second most.. successful and youngest man of the mafia world- who happens to be my boss, will. now hold your excitement because its yet to come."

you remember what jinwook told you, scoffing in disbelief as he made his way to you to make you to make the chair stand upright again, and brushing the hair away from your face.

"did you touch her?" he was obviously not asking you despite the loving eyes he gave you, caressing the cheek hyunsuk had slapped and punched you on. 

scared wasn't strong enough to define what you were feeling right now. you were terrified. seung gave you the same look he always gave you, but now it gave you goosebumps. your brave facade was long gone, trembling under his touch.

"she fucking kicked my balls and spat at-," hyunsuk didn't even get to finish his sentence when hyunsuk abruptly stood up, fished his gun under his waistband and shot hyunsuk without mercy.

you jerked up, looking at the now bleeding man who was sprawled on the floor. hyunsuk looked back at you and crouched to meet your eye level. 

"i'm sorry you had to see that," he smiles once again, wiping the tears you didn't even know you had. his smile gave a small smirk that came unnoticed, memorizing your features as he untied you. "don't act like you don't know me, hyerin. come on, talk," he chuckles, throwing the rope away.

well, technically speaking. you really don't know the man in front of you. for all you know, he was also just another college student, another part-timer who loved coffees.

you stayed frozen in the chair, the body of hyunsuk gone within a minute that was dragged away by jinwook, but obvious blood still evident on the carpeted floor.

"you must be shocked," your eyes trailed to him, and you cannot cover the fear your eyes gave to him. he pulled your wrist to make you stand up and sit at the soft bed, making you wince. he dragged the chair in front of you, smiling. 

"w-what.. do you want, s-seung?" you stammered, making him sigh. 

"you still aren't aware, huh?" he caresses your knees, which was supposed to give you comfort, but only chills through your spine was caught. "you're a gem in this world, princess." he senses your fear which made him feel more powerful, more.. dominant. "i'll tell you everything tomorrow, yeah? i need you to rest today," he gives your hair a ruffle, before standing up and pressing a button beside the bed and seconds later a maid knocks on the door.

"sir," she simply says, looking down. 

"bathe her, give her everything she needs and wants," he ordered, while you just fearfully stared at him who was now tidying his coat. before he finally leaves, he leans forward just right beside your ear. "you know what happens when you try something funny, princess." he says through his smile, then leaves after a kiss on your forehead. 

you were still frozen, taken aback at the sudden merge of events that has been happening. you should've believed kang right from the start, you should've given kang what he wanted to know about seung. the maid just waited for you after prepping your bath and clothes, waiting for you to actually move.

you just wished he didn't do any harm to your family. your family knows seung well, and vice versa. now you were being hit by a truck of realizations, how seung didn't ever want you to mingle with his personal life.

"i know you," you mumble, while you felt exhausted more than ever, letting your eyes slowly flicker to the ground. she slightly looks up at you, shocked that you have remembered her face. "you were once or twice a substitute in the cafe," you nonchalantly said, removing your clothes right in front of you.

she just stood there with her mouth agape, trying to form words. 

"tell me," you half-heartedly scoffed, as an idea popped in your mind. "everyone at the cafe is involved with this shit," your eyes followed its way to the girl, looking at her displeased face. her face told the answers.

you thought about it. just the way to this horrifying big room, you have caught glances of familiar faces. and it hit you.

it is a saturday.

it is a saturday, the reason for the cafe's closing. and the reason for seung stopping the job- if it wasn't obvious enough, because you knew who he really was already. 

"you've.. caught on fast.." she muttered, while she tailed you to the bathroom. 

"fast? yeah no shit sherlock, if fast means years for you." you mumbled back, letting the towel cover your bare body. "mind if you leave me alone?" you glance back at her, who was still following you even inside the bathroom. you saw her hesitate, so you beat her to it. "i know what the fuck i'm doing, and i'm not dumb to do something funny if that means dying in the hands of a man i'm familiarly unfamiliar with." you roll your eyes, and when she finally left you with hesitant eyes, you let the robe drop and dip your body to the warmness of the water.

you close your eyes, trying to wash the dirtiness you felt all throughout the day. dohyun fucked you for fun- called you a substitute, and you're hopelessly touched by numerous men in one day. 

one. fucking. day.

you just need to feel pain. maybe, this was all just a dream. a nightmare. so you banged your head to the glass, only for your forehead to sting, causing you.. pain. what you wanted. what cleared that this indeed, wasn't a dream.

hours.

you stayed there for hours, until the girl from awhile ago knocked, knowing that you were only there to freshen up your mind due to.. this hectic day.

"i'm done," you reply back, changing into clothes you didn't know whose was, but still gave you enough goosebumps because, who knows? the owner might be dead.

you step out of the bathroom and she let you sit on the chair in front of the dresser, and started drying your hair.

"i can do it," you snatch the hair dryer from her hands. doing it yourself as she just stared at you with pity. 

"i'll be here, miss. please, do yourself a favor and rest," she softly says, gesturing to the bed. 

you knew you can't and probably won't be able to sleep. afraid that a second you close your eyes- you're fucked, literally, and maybe not as literally too.

but instead, you follow her, trudging your way to the mattress and slipping through the blanket, swallowing the lump on your throat and unable to stop yourself from breathing heavily, you pretended to sleep, praying that please, just please, for someone to save you.

for kang to save you.