5

"relax, we're at my home." he opens his door and leaves me inside the car. "here," his sudden change of attitude made me confused or was it just me? his eyes burned out of worry, sighing endlessly. he was outside holding the car door open, waiting for me to get off.

"why did you take me here?" i followed him out and the house was huge. i hugged myself as if it was going to make me better. before he opened the door, a huge- low laugh emerged from the inside. 

"let me explain to you inside," he pushes the door open, to be greeted by hundreds of men in black or silk clothes- you know, basic gangster clothes and few maids that can be differed from them because of the uniform.

as dumb as i can look, i gasp under my breath. it felt like i just entered a lion's den, except that it was all dangerous men. as if on cue, the moment dohyun took a step inside, the men and maids formed a line in front of him.

"you're back, boss." they said in unison, bowing. it made me flinch, everything made me flinch. the gunshot was still ringing in my ears, and i bet i had a bit of splatter of blood on my back.

i fiddled with my fingers, waiting for dohyun. the men now took curiosity of me, eyeing me after bowing. 

"boss, isn't she..?" one of the men statedonly for dohyun to shut him up by placing a heavy hand on his shoulder. probably dohyun's right-hand man because of the proximity.

"i'll talk to you later. first, gather.." i didn't bother listening to their conversation. dohyun gestured for a maid to take care of me and i was taken to an empty room after the uncomfortable stares. 

"water, miss." the maid offers a water and i bow as a sign of thanks, gulping in one go. "please rest here first. i will go get you if boss asks for you," she smiles and leaves me in the room.

i simply stared at the door. 

what was he? this isn't some fucking fantasy, as far as i know. hell, i know i'm not even the main character of my own life.

my hands unconsciously raise and i slap myself quite hard, only for a grunt to leave out of my lips.

"well i'm fucked. i'm not dreaming," my fingers were already bruised from all the fiddling, and my feet constantly tapped the floor. every second that passed, my heart felt heavier and heavier.

a knock radiates in the room and i jolt up to open it. 

"hey," dohyun emerges from outside. "you good?" 

"just tell me what the fuck just happened, please." my voice cracked, but couldn't care less. it all went by just like a flash, and nothing was processing on my mind. "am i in danger? my family and my friends?" i bombarded. "or are you?" i trailed off. i would be lying if i said at that moment, where i thought he gave up on me on the park, i didn't care for dohyun anymore.

"i run a mafia gang, hyerin." he simply explains and sighs after letting me sit on the corner of the bed and sat beside me. my eyes roamed around him, his suit, and the gun once again on his waistband. nothing he said made sense- so what he said went in my right ear, and out to my other. "from now on, you are to trust nobody, hyerin." he grasps my arm lightly, shifting my attention back to him. 

"why should i trust you then?" i breathed out. it was true. if he said to trust no one, then why him?

"if you don't want to trust me, don't. but today and on, i assure you and your family safety. that's a priority." he shrugs, as if it was such a normal thing he always says. "two bodyguards for you everyday. a bodyguard for each of your family member, so two- one for your mom and dad." he takes his hands together and leaned on his knees forward- thinking deeply. 

"what about the man earlier..?" i trailed off. 

"i told you, you don't have to worry about it. my men will," he massaged his temples. "stay here for tonight. inform your parents. and again, don't worry hyerin," he smiles that smile once again. "you and your family is a priority, just like what i said." he caresses my arm. 

i slowly nod, everything was still processing in my mind. 

he presses a light kiss on my forehead and left the room.

"what the fuck," i mumble. "what a fucking day. i left the home all giddy, dated a fucking mafia boss, two men died just beside me an hour ago, and now i'm stuck in this shit called gang war?" my head throbbed at the information. 

a knock cut my thoughts and in was dohyun's right-hand man. i uncomfortably shifted on my bed, taking my time standing up to greet him.

"hello," he smiles. "i'm kang," he lets himself inside after i gave him a smile. "here, you'll need this. boss told me to give you one, just to have everyday- just incase," he pulls out a gun from his waistband. he loads it full of bullets and after a while of checking, he shrugs and played it with his fingers when handing it to me.

my hands trembled as i get it from him without a word.

"wait, you know how to use one right?" before my hand even touched the familiar yet unfamiliar metal, he took it back. i shake my head sidewards, just the sight of the gun was still traumatic. "then don't. i'll teach you first thing tomorrow morning." he smiles and ruffles my hair and leaves the room.