21

as peaceful as you wake up, the house was eerily calm too. no sign of life- except dohyun who was on the shower. no men running everywhere in search of other men to go with their own missions, no sign of maids and butlers prompting the whole mansion. most importantly, no sign of any playful gun clicks and metal clanking- kang.

"hey," dohyun hugs you from the back, his bare chest still damp that seeped through the oversized blouse you were wearing while looking from upstairs to the main living room.

he tightens your hold as if reading your mind, mumbling that he instructed all the men to leave the day to the both of you making you instantly melt.

"you should go and put some clothes now, while i go ahead and shower," you push him aside lightly with a wide smile, taking his face on your palms.

"you know, i can go for another shower.." he gave you a wink, while you only gave him a chuckle. after a few teasing, he finally let you go and take a shower alone, taking your time as you pampered yourself for the day.

"where are we going?" you curiously tilt your head once again to look at the driver's seat, pulling on your seatbelt while dohyun just smiled at you.

"love, i like how you're very curious that you've asked thousand of times already but.. i'm still keeping it a secret," he chuckles and lands a peck on the tip of your nose before driving off. 

"of course, it's our first real date, what do you expect?" you mumbled but dohyun heard it, making him sigh.

"that's why i've been apologizing, hyerin.." he holds your hand, while the other stays intact with the steering wheel. "aren't you happy about our movie nights?" he grips your hand, caressing it.

"no, dohyun- don't take it the wrong way. i was just.. you know. really, really excited." you smiled at him and it immediately broke the ice. "i mean, you know. everything seems very.. unfamiliar. i suddenly dated a mafia whom- let me tell you, deeply in love with." you glance at him who had a big smile on his face, "then in a flash, everything seems normal, i have a boyfriend who doesn't seem like a mafia boss, a normal friend like kang, and just a bunch of men who are playful enough that screamed 'we are not a mafia gang who just killed hundreds of men,' second i'm at gunpoint saying that i'm the bitch everyone wants and-," you flinch as dohyun jumps on his seat, stopping your rambling.

"i'm sorry what? can you repeat that again?" dohyun eyes you as his eyebrows furrow, holding your hand tighter as you mumble what you said again. 

"that was when our.. argument happened. the guy you talked to," you explained, raising your eyebrows at him.

"that fuck told me he didn't say anything.." he said under his breath, but you managed to hear it.

"dohyun, am i supposed to know something happening here?" you finally asked what's been bugging you for months, unable to keep it anymore.

"what?" he scrunches his nose, facing you.

"you and kang have been acting weird these last 2 months and i'm not dumb to not notice it," you lightly smiled, not wanting to ruin the atmosphere of the date you've been ecstatic to go to.

"babe, you're talking shit," his profanities and low growl caught you off guard, taking a glance at him once again who was gripping tightly at the steering wheel. you decided to drop the topic, mumbling an okay before resting your eyes in front of you.

he senses your discomfort and sighs, running his thumb on the back of your palm.

"sorry.." he says and gives your hand a kiss. "we're here." he finally gives you a reassuring smile, making you look around.

"wow.." you gasp, looking at the meadow in front of you, full of blooming flowers. "its so pretty," you look at him with a wide smile on your face, opening your door to take a step outside the field.

"do you like it?" dohyun feels his heart flutter- but doesn't realize it as he sees you beam at him, tucking his hands on his pockets and leaning on his car while your fingers brush on the slightly tall grass and flowers, running around like a little kid.

"i do! its been years since i've been on a picnic!" you bring your crescent eyes back at him to see his face fall for a second before heaving a sigh. "but did you bring.. you know, food? this is a picnic right?" you question him, squinting your eyes.

"of course i did," he opens the car door once again to reveal it full of bags of chips and more you didn't know what was and didn't realize awhile ago. you squeal in happiness, jumping at him to give him a big hug.

"thank you," you mumble on his chest, later then hopping your way to somewhere near the trees to set the blanket while dohyun tailed you with the bags and baskets full of food. "ah, this is nice," you laid on the blanket and sprawled your arms, inhaling the fresh air and letting the sunlight hit you between the leaves that was covering you.

"i'm glad you like it," dohyun says with a smile after settling the basket and bags down, sitting beside you and pulling your shirt down because it revealed your tummy. 

after awhile of letting your eyes closed, you finally opened it only to see dohyun staring from afar, clearly distressed about something. you sit up, cuddling your way to his chest.

"hey, are you okay?" you ask as you take in his scent that always didn't fail to calm you.

"of course," he gave you a small hum and ran his fingers through your hair. 

"we shouldn't have gone if you had a lot to think of," you mumbled with a pout which made him chuckle.

"i'm just enjoying the scenery though?" he questions you which made you look up at him, squinting your eyes yet again to find anything from his eyes- but nothing.

"you're hard to read," you roll your eyes at him, your hands snaking to the basket to get some fruits.

he gives you a hearty laugh gives you a peck, looking at you with possible heart eyes.

"how'd you know this place though?" you ask him as you pop a strawberry to your mouth, munching on it while letting your eyes rest on the beautiful, colorful flowers that swayed with the air.

"its mine," he looked down,  "i've been planning on building a house right around here," he gives you a small smile.

"what?!" you gasp at him. "you're going to waste this field just for a house when you have a goddamn mansion just merely 30 minutes away?" you furrow your eyebrows at the idea, making him ruffle your hair.

then the date just started flowing nicely- full of smiles and laughs, reminding you of your first one. hands held, pecks received and given- just a normal couple in their early twenties enjoying a simple date in a private meadow, under the sun and trees that lit your faces and smiles that came out so naturally, so pure and sincere.