13

"just get the man to to talk to you and get out of the fucking place, kang- as if you haven't done this before," dohyun was in the peak of irritation, good thing for him he can't hear kang's mutters.

"a little fuck who says anything but still stays in his goddamn place," kang grows as he clenches his jaw, fiddling with his watch.

i caress the small of his back to calm him down, we can't lose our cool now, now that we've been the gossip of the whole place after the kiss in the middle of a formal party- although the facade of black marketing.

"he's approaching. don't think he has the intention to start the conversation," dohyun senses kang's agitation so calmed himself first. 

i hear kang sigh, probably has lost the mood to continue the mission so i did what i had to do.

"hey, aren't you mr. kim hyunsuk?" i fake gasp, a beautiful smile spread on my face.

"oh, hey beautiful lady," he looks back at me, a glass of wine on his hand. "i don't think we've ever seen each other before, though?" i pinch kang's hand, making him drag his mouth up for a smile.

"good evening, mr. kim, you've met me before- song kang. this is my fiance, yoon hyerin," he introduces, making the older man nod.

after swiftly changing the topic to what the mission was in the first place- that i didn't understand, my eyes caught a very familiar figure out the corner of the huge room. 

"excuse me, sir, honey- i'll just go to the washroom real quick," i smiled at them and slightly bowed, making my way to the corner where i last saw the figure.

my eyes wandered the place looking for that man again, until dohyun interrupted.

"hyerin, i've got 4 wolves who's eyeing you. go back to kang now- you're defenseless without him."  doyun grunts once again, his irritation filling him.

i slightly nod, regaining my composure and elegantly walking back to the two men who have just finished talking.

"sorry, got lost for a minute," i smile at them.

"no problem here, honey. we were just sealing the deal." kang snaked his arms once again on my waist. 

i simply smile at them, uneasiness drowning me.

"then we're done here?" mr. kim asks which makes me wake up to reality.

"yes, sir. we'll just be waiting for your call then," kang politely smiles. 

"yes, of course. i should get going now, i still have a meeting to attend to. give my regards to your boss- dohyun." he smiles, or more likely i say, smirk. 

kang's eyebrows twitches but then he covers it with a smile. we wave the man off, then turning our backs to face the front of the room again.

"what's wrong?" i asked, sensing the urgency in kang's stance.

"never told him dohyun's name," he simply mumbles, massaging his temple to recall if he ever did. 

"what else do you remember telling him?" i asked once again, caressing the back of his palm with my thumb.

"our gang,"

"well isn't dohyun's name known amongst other gangs?"

"we're not sure about that, what we're sure about is that we've been keeping dohyun out of sight- but we're not sure about his name." his breathing was heavier, crossing eyes with someone. "duck!" he suddenly shouts and pulls me down, then the familiar sound of a gunshot rang in my ears. "what the fuck is your boyfriend doing?"

"they've caught up! we've been looking at the wrong frames for minutes now, kang! get out of the goddamn place!" dohyun shouts through the buds, making me wince.

"as if we fucking can," he snickers, looking around and cocking his gun. the place was now a mess, tons of people trying to get out of the entrance that was already locked. "what the fuck are you doing?" he asked, snapping me out of my trance- the ring on my ears. i was still staring at the wall that bore the bullet shot awhile ago. 

"u-uh.." i looked around, getting the gun on my thigh. 

"where the fuck is he?" kang looks around for the man who shot and caused the ruckus, but to no avail. 

"get to the back door, we're ruining the locks." dohyun with a sense of panic, tells us.

kang confidently rises from his position and drags me with him, his other hand tightly moving around the place.

a swift hand then grabs my other hand with the gun, cocking it up against my own temple. kang abruptly stops when he sees doyoung holding me at gunpoint.

he scoffs, glaring at doyoung.

"what the fuck do you want?" kang growls, holding himself from spitting at the man who has his arm around my neck and was holding my hand up against my own temple.

i can hear dohyun cursing through the bud, evident panicking.

"sorry, boss orders," doyoung smirks, stepping back. but kang has already caught up he was only new to the job, safely whacking doyoung with a swift move on his shoulder and unhesitatingly shot his head.

my eyes blinked rapidly, looking at the scene in front of me as some of doyoung's blood splatter on my exposed neck.

"let's go dipshit," kang mutters and drags me to the back door, safely driving home to much dismay.

"what the fuck were you doing that you didn't notice the frames weren't moving at all!" kang shouts the moment he steps inside the house with a same wavelength of rage coming from dohyun too.

i fiddled with my hands, knowing how kang never showed how he was really close to their boss in front of other men.

"if only you got rid of that man quickly in the first place, kang- you wouldn't have gotten to that fucking mess," dohyun hisses back, and they continue to banter.

i was tired, too tired to deal with them shouting at each other the whole night.

"we've got what we wanted, right? can you just lay off each other now?" i asked them sternly, a raised eyebrow catching them off guard.

i pluck the buds out and lay them on a random table noisily, making them all jump up at the unfamiliar attitude i was showing them- opposite of what i've been showing them since.

i walk to my room, sighing as i saw the blood once again. rubbing them off, my brain recalls how doyoung was once alive right in front of me, turning dead in a matter of seconds.

my eyes water at the memory, rubbing harsher on my neck until a hand stops me. 

"hyerin," dohyun sighs as he sets the bowl of water with a towel down the bedside table. "don't cry," he wipes the tears away, kissing my forehead.

"he was alive right in front of me, dohyun.. i- i.." i trailed off, not knowing what to say next.

"i know, i know," he swallows the lump on his throat. "i'll always be sorry for dragging you into this life," he mumbles, taking you into his warmth. "always will. i'm sorry," 

i bury my face to his shoulders, soaking it with my tears.

"i thought i'd lose you there for a second," dohyun sways, "what matters is that you're safe, hyerin." he plays with my hair for awhile and breaks the hug to look at me in the eyes. "let me make it up to you," he mumbles, before crashing his lips against mine.