30

seung hooked your arm over his, patting it lightly and looking at you with a smirk before the big doors before you opened. 

all eyes instantly landed on you- well, you were the in demand girl in this world, everyone gawked, yet your eyes land on one. 

one that you despised, yet so truly yearned for. one that you once truly loved, and tried stopping, but to no avail. you were dumb for it, because you still wanted to throw yourself at him, you wanted to feel his warmth engulfing you, you wanted him to save you.

even if you see him right in front of you, arms snaked around another woman who so loathed you for drooling over her fiance's car. even if it meant seeing him smile that smile not to you, but to another. 

"you're not here to be a bitch, hyerin, keep your eyes off of him," seung muttered as he whispered, looking around before slightly tugging your arm to make you follow him to a table right in front, beside dohyun's.

you can't miss the way yumi's eyes squinted at you, finally putting all puzzle pieces together.

"ha!" she exclaimed, making the room quiet in a second. "i remember you now!" seung chuckled as dohyun tried calming her down. 

"stop embarrassing yourself, yumi." dohyun mutters but enough for everyone close to him hear. "sit down."

"explains why you were staring at his car that day," she laughs lightly, whispering something you can't quite catch on to the girl beside her, gossiping something about you.

meanwhile, dohyun was confused as he looked at seung, dumbly asking himself why you got him as a date on a mafia party. but just a glimpse at seung's gun on his wasitband, it finally clicked on him.

he was the mafia boss behind the deal. he unconsciously watched how seung's touches made you uncomfortable, how your eyes shifted around the room looking for someone, probably not him as how your eyes never landed on him except that one time where you entered the room.

you just sat and stood there awkwardly around seung, throughout the whole party. you looked for kang endlessly, disappointed when there isn't at least someone who looked like him, or his head.

the room was big enough, kang couldn't just find you, right?

you kept being optimistic, but the squeals from yumi makes you roll your eyes that you thought you could already see your brain from doing it so much.

and before you knew it, she've made her way to you when seung was busy getting the both of you a drink and getting caught up with another mafia. you didn't know where dohyun was, you just wanted her to be dragged away from you.

"hey," her pitchy voice called out with a smug look on her face. "so you're the hyerin," she snickered, lamely stopping her mouth from forming a smirk.

"oh, and you're the bitch." you clapback, craning your head to the side. she scoffed amused at your sudden surge of confidence, finally letting the smirk sit on her face.

"you're confident for someone who got sold off," 

"yeah, and i feel offended too!" you bob your head lightly, "dohyun selling me off to seung in change of.." you eyed her from her feet to her face, "you." you simply said, leaving her with a dumbfounded face and mouth agape, gripping her glass of wine too tightly and for the first time in a while, you let out a hearty chuckle.

your feet dragged you to a familiar back, one that you should be running off from but you found yourself fuming and muttering nonsense about the conversation you just had with yumi.