27

"kang." you muttered, biting your lip and your heart throbbing.

"hyerin." he replied, his warm hands still on your shoulders. 

and for the first time after weeks, you felt safe. 

"w-what.. happened to you?" you say with a little voice, narrowing your eyes to scan his whole face and body that seemed smaller and weaker than the last time you saw him. "why are you even here?" you were confused as to why he even was here in front of you- talking to you, when he's one of dohyun's men.

"i, uh-.." he started, but then was interrupted when a familiar arm slings on my shoulder which made kang's hand retract.

"hey, kang." seung smiles at him. "haven't seen you for weeks." you can barely see his smirk against his smile, as kang squints his eyes at him. 

"hey seung," his gives seung a smug look and shrugs him off. "can you give us a minute?" kang raises his eyebrow as seung softly chuckles to himself.

you were positive he didn't know yet.

"sorry, i don't think so. hyerin's got a shift," seung politely yet sarcastically smiles. 

"its a friday, seung. as far as i know, she doesn't have a shift to cover on fridays," kang tilted his head, looking at his arm that was still hung on your shoulders while you looked.. uncomfortable.

"oh now she does," seung replies, "and that's everyday." seung informed, his tone turning terrifying every second you're with him.

kang now perks up and looks at you for confirmation and after you nod, he knew something was up.

"i don't think you know yet," seung puckers his lips as his arm finally leaves your shoulders, standing straight. "dohyun and her broke up." he smiled as you immediately look at him. with confusion evident in your eyes.

yes- you broke up, but how'd he know that's the excuse you've been using? you thought about it, thinking it was the most, well, obvious way and excuse so you shrug it off.

but that's how kang knew what's up. he has known of dohyun's plan all along, but how come you're still.. here? freely walking around, continuing classes, continuing working, when the woman just before you- jeon yumi, wasn't even able to move an inch when abducted? how come you can just run away at any time, without no eyes prying on you? 

what on earth did dohyun pull? 

that's where it hits him.

seung. 

the man who he has been suspicious of since the first he met him, the man who- for once, before, didn't make you the least uncomfortable, but here we are now- you shrinking smaller and smaller when you brush skin with seung.

kang smirks, finally aware of what's happening, what seung can and has possibly done to you, and still, how fucked up dohyun has been.

"hyerin's still a friend, seung." kang remarks, but only earning a mocking face from seung and still doesn't leave. "fine, motherfucker." seung was clearly taken aback at the profanity kang gave him for a second, before chuckling.

kang walks closer to you while you just stared at him. he gives you a quick hug and unnoticed by seung, kang slips his phone on your pocket with his quick hands.

"let's meet soon." he simply said, before walking off and giving seung a glare. you just give him a nod before tucking your hands on your pocket, a hint of hope tainting your life with your hands in contact of a person who could possibly help you.

an hour and a half working in the cafe did no good- still scared of the possibilities that may occur at any time, yet there are still customers who went in and out, unaware they they are in a territory of a mafia gang. 

"hey," a familiar customer smiles at you while you were blankly staring at your monitor, your other hand grasping tightly at kang's phone on your pocket. "are you good? you don't look you," she beams, but you just smile at her and shrug it off.

"can i take your order?" and you continued with your work with your heart always nervously beating whenever seung talks to you, cafe-related or not.

as soon as seung drops you home, you went to where you were positive was a blind spot from all the cameras you've spotted around the house.

"use this phone for the meantime when you contact me. its kang. text me when you've got the time- don't call, nor fret. okay? i'm here."

his text read, and you immediately broke down to tears. you've got help, you've finally got help. its only been a week under seung's observance, yet it felt like years dragging and you couldn't stand it any longer. 

-

kang, please. please.. help me.

okay, love. i want you to stop panicking. 

i'm here, i found you, and i'm going to find a way to help you. 

its seung, isn't it?

yes. i don't know what happened, or how.

but it just did. dohyun.. i don't know. sold me off? i really don't know.

what i know is he got what he wanted.

jeon yumi.

yes, i met her already.

now let's take safe steps, okay?

never ever, tell seung about this- or to anyone.

be normal when we see each other again, i'll always be here for you.

tomorrow, and the days to come hyerin.

so trust me. 

yumi told me all the things seung did to her, so let's play safe and he might've done it to you too.

he'll know where you are, he might've installed cameras all over you, and he might hear you every time too.

so i really, really just want you to not fret about anything, okay? 

i'm here.

-

and from that, you don't have anything to say. you were half hesitant, half convinced. convinced, because it was help, after all. hesitant because, well- trust is a big word. that's what also dohyun asked you to do. to trust him, and what did you fucking get?

yet- kang was different from dohyun, so you sent him a simple okay, taking in all of the information while slowly realizing how sly seung has been- he's known what excuses you've given your parents regarding dohyun, he always knew where you were, and how there were cameras all around the house to observe your every move.

you lean your head back on the wall before slowly standing up and wiping your messy tears away, hoping for a better tomorrow.