19

here on, 3rd pov

dohyun pulls you closer to him, watching yet the 3rd movie roll its credits. with your legs tangled with each other, contented sighs leaves your lips.

"that movie was fun," you said, looking up at him as you hold his hand that was around your shoulders.

"you're cute." he blurts out with a cheeky smile on his face, "i can't believe you're still enjoying these movie nights," he sighs, brushing your hair back.

"its actually really fun, dohyun. you're just thinking too much," you give him a reassuring smile. "i understand you can't take me on proper dates and that's okay, i'm more of a homebody anyway," both of you chuckle as he boops your nose.

"we.. uh," he trailed off after a few minutes, avoiding your eyes. 

"spill it,"  you pinch his sides which made him squirm.

"we.. need your help with a mission again tomorrow.." he sighs, looking down at your intertwined fingers. "i.. i promise to pay more attention now! it was just that kang's hands were all over you that time and.. and-," he stammers as you give him a chuckle.

"okay," you peck his lips to stop him from blabbering more. "as long as you promise something like last time won't happen again," tucking your chin on his chest, he gives a small huff of breath along with a smile.

"i promise." he mutters as you just stare at each other for a minute, before he stands up and pulls you with him.

he taps on his phone before a song so mellow played, his hands going on your waist to sway you sidewards.

"suddenly?" you chuckled, nevertheless swayed with him along the music.

"its just so right for the mood, hyerin. don't spoil it," he chuckles and it was a lie if you said you didn't like this side of dohyun.

so.. composed. sweet, is what he is.

he whispers sweet nothings on your ear while aimlessly roaming the big room with the music playing in the background, making you burst out of warmness.

he lets his lips latch on your temple, a sigh of contentment leaving your lips as you closed your eyes, letting him lead the waltz.

you smile at the thought you did awhile ago, slipping into his room to give him a box full of your pictures together, a new watch and a short letter to celebrate 5 months of being together. see how fast time goes? but it didn't matter. it didn't matter.. as long as you were going to be with him for as long as you can live. 

"i love you," you mutter against his neck and enjoyed the moment. unaware of the uneasiness shown in his eyes, swallowing the lump on his throat before you sensed his tensed self. 

-

"i'm not doing it," kang says through gritted teeth, glaring at dohyun. you just stared at him with confused eyes and stood silently between the two men. "hyerin isn't going either," he raises his eyebrow at dohyun, gripping at his gun. "in short, we're not going to that damned party," he gives a small smirk, knowing that if he himself doesn't go, dohyun has got no choice.

dohyun gives him a sigh, their eyes talking to each other by glaring but you were to pre-occupied to notice it. you just give a small yikes to keep to yourself and dohyun rubs the small of your back.

"come on, kang. i won't fuck up today," dohyun unintentionally lowers his voice which made you perk up. "hyerin, can i talk to kang for a moment alone please?" he senses your discomfort so you just nod and slowly walk away.

but at that time, you just stopped being dumb- what you were. 

you leaned against the wall that was between the men and you, listening carefully.

"you're a fucking asshole, you know that?" you hear kang grunt, finally letting his anger free. "hyerin deserves more than your fuckups and i can't believe you got her wrapped around your finger," he scoffs.

"kang, i have  a plan, okay? can you just fucking believe in me once and go with it?" dohyun snickers, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"that's what i've been doing and from what i've seen the whole life i am here beside you is that you'll fuck this up, mr. brains," kang snaps back, and for a few minutes no one uttered a word. kang pressed the wrong button, and dohyun wasn't going to let this slip.

"you're going even if i have to let hundreds of men drag you to that fucking party, kang." as you hear dohyun's steps nearing, you jump to where you are and sneakily went inside your room- denying the fact that the last words of kang before dohyun finally left- was about you.

"i walk into the doors of that party, and i know that instant you're giving up on her," 

you sigh as you locked yourself in the bathroom, letting the shower run incase dohyun goes to your bedroom, unsuspicious of anything.

you looked at your brimming eyes against the mirror, you were clueless.

what were they talking about? 

you had no idea, but you knew it wasn't good, nor anything near it. hearing kang that agitated was a first, seeing dohyun that powerful was also a first. 

you shake the thoughts away, back to being the dumb person you are to believe you're oblivious to anything. you got ready for the party that was happening in a few hours, burying the heavy feeling on the deepest part of your heart and backmost part of your brain.

"i can do this," you slapped yourself lightly and repeatedly on your pink cheeks, tucking your gun and knife on your thigh and your ankle, then letting the unfamiliar, elegant dress flow against your skin.