9

"are you sure you're okay, hyerin?" seung mumbles, while washing the dishes. i was waiting for him to finish up his task, since we were both the ones to close the cafe today.

"seung, i've been telling you every detail of my everyday life with him, i don't think i've said anything that screamed i'm not okay," i chuckled at him, leaning on the counter.

"i know, i know." he wipes his hands on his apron then takes it off, leaning on the counter in front of me. "just tell me when you're not, okay? i'm always here."

"why are you so dramatic today?" i narrowed my eyes at him. i waited for an answer but only got a scoff so i let it go. "i should go, kang's waiting outside."

"dohyun?" he asks, batting an eye on me while walking to our lockers.

"he got some stuff to do," i nodded at him. "let's go," i walked off, not letting the topic push further. 

"kang," seung nods at him while i wave at him, going inside the car. they have gotten to know each other since dohyun can't always drive me form here to there, so he lets kang do it.

"seung," kang nods back, eyes wary then proceeds to the driver's seat. 

i wave at seung one last time before he walked off.

"why the fuck are you seating at the passenger's seat again?" kang stops at what he's doing.

"what? am i not supposed to? you ask me that all the damn time, kang." i gave him an annoying smile, knowing he gets pissed off quickly- but he can't get mad, because.. well. i'm his boss' girlfriend.

i let out a chuckle when he just rolled his eyes and proceeded to start the engine.

after a few minutes of silence in the traffic, he coughs intentionally.

"you have something to say or ask," i turned to look at him, waiting.

"since when have you been friends with seung?" i was taken aback with his question, but i shrugged it off, thinking that he may still be suspicious of him even after months of meeting him.

"ah," i nodded, "quite somewhere in college." i smiled at him. "don't know when it really started, we just kind of clicked so i found myself just hanging out with him." 

he nods with his eyebrows furrowed.

"but why'd you ask that so suddenly?" i shifted on my seat, pulling slightly on the seatbelt to loosen myself.

"nothing," he sighs and once again, rolls his eyes.

"too late to stop the conversation now, kang." i chuckled. "if you aren't going to answer then i'll just keep on bothering you." i knew well i annoyed him, just with the look on how he quietly snickers.

"try me," he mumbles.

"oh okay," i smirked. "tell me..." i needed questions, but nothing seem to come up on my mind except my curiosity, which will make me end up at gunpoint. 

"see, you don't have anything to say." well, that backlashed. i was the one getting annoyed now, my mouth kept opening but no words came out.

"i do, but you'll probably get your gun out and shoot me if i ask it," i pout, facing in front again and crossing my arms. 

he chuckles quietly, annoyance fading.

"fine, three questions i'll answer," he breathes out, oblivious of how far my curiosity took me.

"okay!" i squealed and faced him again. i hear a little chuckle coming out of his lips, which made me smile more. "what's your deal with seung, kang?" i squinted my eyes which made him scoff. "no excuses!" 

"its really nothing, hyerin. but if you insist." he sighs and glances at me. "we're doing a quick search on your seung, princess." he raises his eyebrows at me.

"but.." i was about to ask why, but then kang was intelligent. if i was to ask him why, i'd lose the chance to dig deeper on kang. he noticed my conflict and immediately burst into laughters when he realized what i was so conflicted about.

"2 questions left, sorry not sorry." he scoffs which made me pout again.

"fine," i rolled my eyes. "tell me something about your life that i don't know." 

"honey, we're not doing truth or dare here." i grunt in frustrations. he was taking every excuse possible to avoid getting questioned about his past life.

but i wasn't giving up.

"can't you let me have that one?" 

"no,"

"please?" 

"no."

"whatever!" i threw my hands up. "uh," i trailed off to think of something new. "how did you get into this life?" 

as if his body took a stop for a second, he sighs.

"you don't have to answer that if you don't want to. but i want to let you know i'm very curious," i say truthfully, even if i felt that he was being pressured to tell me a bit about his life, i wanted to get closer to him.

after a few seconds, he lets out an its okay and lets out his pinky. 

"you're not telling anyone of this, okay?" i nod and pinky promised, and then focused on him. "to make everything short, my parents taught me early to use guns, because we sell it. one day these people just started barging on my house, looking for my father. turns out he was deeply indebted to them because of hospital bills when i was born and they tried running away. saw them shot right in front of me."

"oh," no words after that, i felt deeply sorry for bring back a painful past. "sorry," 

"no, its fine." he smiles at me and ruffles my hair. "luckily, they were caught though, dohyun's family- their rival gang, shot them all off and took me. so i basically grew up with dohyun," i slowly nod my head, trying to think of something to comfort the man but he just chuckles it off. "end of story, give me your last question." he heaves a sigh of relief, as if the weight on his chest was removed.

"uhm.. now i don't think i have anymore." i pout once again, but jumps up when i finally thought of one. 

"fuck, don't do that again!" he clutches his chest and his annoyed voice was back again. 

"sorry," i chuckled. "so here,"

"what?!" he snaps back which made me laugh more.

"hmm.. are you and dohyun hiding something from me?" i ask, then he abruptly stops the car in a sidewalk which made me bump my head back at the seat. "what the fuck?" i caress my head, trying to make the temporary pain go away.

"who told you that?" kang narrows his eyes, desperately asking for an answer. i confusingly furrowed my eyebrows.

"no one, kang. you and dohyun- apart from the maids, are the only ones i talk to in the mansion, come on." my eyes never left his, getting more and more confused by the second. "your reaction tells me that there is indeed," i waited for an answer, but he only grips tighter on the steering wheel and starts the car once again, speeding more than he should.

"we don't," his aura was back, the mean, annoyed, cold kang was back. 

"tell me," i trailed off. "please." beads of sweat started forming on his forehead, and veins were popping out of his neck and temple.

until we were at the mansion. 

i dragged him to dohyun, who was patiently waiting for us.

"what are you two hiding from me?" 

well they look fucked.