12

"we'll be on the cctvs in a second, stand by," we hear dohyun's voice ring on our ears, standing fidgety outside the huge door.

"hyerin," kang whispers, letting his arm out for me to cling on. "if you're nervous, remember i'm more than nervous going on this important with such a novice," he mumbles, a sigh leaving his lips. 

i elbowed his side, making him wince. 

"if it weren't for a novice like me then you wouldn't even get in this damn party," i whisper back, gripping on his arm. he lets out a small chuckle, giving me a side glance then rolling his eyes.

we suddenly hear a low cough from our buds, making us jolt up form our little bubble.

"you may get in now," dohyun says with his voice an octave lower, making my spine shiver from the sudden change.

"he can't hear us, right?" i lean onto kang's ear, whispering. 

"he can't, that's why he's extra irritating at times like this because i can't get him to shut the fuck up," kang snickers, making me huff out a small laugh. the bouncers, after checking kang's identity and gang, they pushed the doors, welcoming us with blinding lights.

as far as i can see, all of the attention now were on us. 

"the fuck do we do now," i mumble, making kang scoff after roaming his eyes around the room. 

"let's go to the table there, hun." he assisted me to a table near the middle, while i do my best to not cringe at the petname.

what the fuck?  i eyed him while he just twitched his lips, as if trying to growl at me.

i bit my cheeks on the inside, slapping some seriousness on myself before letting my eyes wander around the room. 

the party was surprisingly.. a formal one, a quiet one rather. everyone was just either having small talks, or eyeing everyone else too.

kang ordered two champagnes, handing one to me. 

"she can't drink, kang." dohyun mumbles as if i can't hear him. i rolled my eyes, finding one of the cctv's and as discreet as i can, raised my glass lightly and took a small gulp of the unfamiliar drink. we hear a small sigh from our buds, making kang chuckle. "kim hyunsuk has his eyes on hyerin already, kang. make a fucking move," dohyun grunts, making me look at kang at the mention of the target.

"we're striking a conversation," kang mumbles, "laugh. smile, do whatever the fuck you want just don't be obvious," kang suddenly chuckles, which made me chuckle too. as unnatural our conversation- if anyone was close enough to hear it, it was a natural one for others to see.

simple engaged couple in a middle of a group of people who were making subtle drug deals or weaponry.

when our laughs died, kang looked down at the table and intertwined his fingers with mine, glancing at the approaching man.

"hey," a random man pops out right in front of me, a wide smile on his face. i jump at the sudden proximity, leaning back at kang who snakes his arm around my waist.

"yes?" kang asks for me, clearly irritated at the man who just made everything harder. i glanced at the target- mr. kim, as i'd say, who was now retreating with a small smirk on his face.

"i'm not here for you man, sorry." this man chuckles, fluttering his eyes back to mine. "i'm here for the lady," 

"do something, kang." i hear dohyun, but i only smile at the man.

"what's your name, princess? i'm doyoung," he winks, and i give him a small smile. he was only around our age, an obvious one, who was only pulled into this life without his agreement also.

"hello, i'm hyerin." i reply, taking his hand to shake. i hear dohyun hiss, probably too frustrated to put into words. kangs grip on my waist tightened, but i only tap it. "but if it weren't obvious, i've got my fiance to introduce too," i pull kang to my side, intertwining my fingers with his once again. "song kang," 

kang offers his other hand for a shake, but doyoung only ignores it and bring his attention back to me. kang scoffs quite loudly, but it doesn't fade the man in front of me.

"i don't think you're a real one here," he rubs his lips with his index, making kang's fingers that held into my waist jolt. my heartbeat raced, yet i put on a smile while i raised my eyebrows.

"and by a real one, you mean?" i challenge him, putting on the most confident smirk i can.

"a couple is what i meant." i can basically hear dohyun panting on the buds, trying to squeee his brains out thinking of how to get rid of the man in front of me. "i wouldn't have gone here if i thought you two were a thing," he chuckles, craning his neck to take a good look at my face. "ain't i right?" he smirks.

"if this doesn't prove you anything i don't know what else will," kang mumbles before grabbing my chin lightly to face him, crashing his lips to mine. 

i hear dohyun hiss through the line, but i can't push kang off. doyoung watched in amusement, waiting for something to actually happen. 

i forced myself to smile into the kiss, remembering what kang said awhile ago before we left the house.

if he needs to do something, then it is needed.

i slightly push kang off by pressing my hands to his chest, but he only tightens his grip on my waist. i kiss him back, until i see doyoung walking off with a smug look on his face.

"get the fuck off of her right now, kang, if you don't want you mouth to be bruised the moment you step into this house." dohyun grunts, clicking his tongue. kang breaks the kiss, then lands a peck on my forehead. 

kang scoffs, wiping a slightly smudged lipstick on my lips. 

"you've gone mad," i mumble, intertwining my fingers to his again. my heart was beating fast- too fast for my liking. dohyun was visibly, audibly flaming. but it was part of the mission, how else can we get rid of the annoying man? i was nervous for kang, and of course, for me. what can dohyun possibly do?