Season 4 Episode 20: Lights Out

Start from the beginning

"Uh okay?" I say confused as to why he mentioned that last part.

"Okay, that puts a damper on our stadium songs. Time for a new appropriate lesson." He takes a deep breathe in "Ladies and gentlemen, it's unplugged week." He says with a smile.

"The hell is that?" I asked with a confused dopey smile.
—————————————————————
I was walking with Unique in the hallway. We were shining flashlights along the slightly crowded hallways. We are allowed out to get some food or go to the bathroom.

"It's pretty cool that you told us about your condition." Unique starts. "Now I don't feel alone."

"Yeah, I thought I would be alone too. But I'm glad I'm not." I put my arm around her shoulder.

"I got your back and you got my back." Unique tells me. I nod with a smile.

"Hey there freak." I turn and see a jock."What are you doing here? You don't belong here, you unnatural creature." He smiles smugly. He had an ugly scar under his nose.

I feel my insecurity taking over. But I clench my jaw and look up. Before I can say anything, Unique speaks up.

"The only unnatural creature here is you. And if you ever talk about my girl like that again, I will deal with you, Unique style." Unique says with sass.

"Leave me alone." I said as I ball up my fist, anger overwhelming me.

"Aww, are you gonna cry, you freak?" He says with a laugh and I glare harshly at him.

I lift my fist up to punch him when someone grabs my hand. I turn around in shock to see it's Coach Roz.

"What did you just call her?" She asked sternly while glaring at the boy.

"I-I... well..." The jock stuttered and I smirk at him getting in trouble. "I called her beautiful." He lies horribly and I scoff and rolled my eyes.

"No you didn't. You just called her a freak.  Do you even know what freak means?" She asked him with a raised eyebrow and he looked around nervously.

"Yeah, it means something that is sinful." He says while smiling smugly.

"No, it's an unusual or unexpected event of situation. And you calling her that is very offensive and disrespectful. Shawn's condition is not unusual. People all over the world have it. Do you accept LGBTQ+ people?" Coach Roz asked him another question.

"Well yeah. I have no problem with them." He answered with a shrug and I look at him puzzled. So why did he just say that shit?

"It's obvious you don't. Because Shawn is LGBTQ. Her condition doesn't make her any different. How about you look at it from her perspective? She may think your a freak. Look at that scar you have under your nose. She may think that's freaky." Coach Roz says while pointing out an insecurity he might have.

"Um, but it isn't ." He says quietly while looking around insecure and I smile and chuckle.

"Don't make fun of someone when you have something about yourself that you aren't proud of. I will be telling your mother about this. And you know she won't go for this. Now get your twisted ass to the office right now!!" She yelled and he ran in the direction of the office scared.

"Thanks Coach Roz." I say smiling, a tear fell out my eye.

"Your welcome. If he gives you anymore problems, you come and tell me, okay?" She asked and I nodded. "And that goes for all of you." She yells out to the kids in the hallway. They look at her. "If you have any negative opinions on Shawn, keep them to yourself. Or else you will deal with me." She growls and they run off scared.