Chapter Eighty Four

Start from the beginning

Vernon walked over with Petunia in tow, sitting next to James and Lily.

"Congratulations, you two!", James forced out, his smile not meeting his eyes as he stared at the two of them. He knew Petunia did something to Lily.

"Thank you. James, right?", Vernon asked politely, smiling under his mustache.

"Yep."

"What car did you say you drive again?"

"Well, it's a racing br-- car, sorry. It's very fast. I painted stripes on it- it shoots up in the air so fast.", James smirked.

"What?"

Lily snorted, covering his mouth, as she stared at James, her eyes sparkling. "Inside joke. I drive-- I drive a Porsche 928.", James smiled, having done his research.

"You do?"

"Yes, Verny, I do."

"Oh- well, thanks again for coming.", Vernon stuttered, clearly not expecting James to say a car better than his own.

Lily said her goodbyes to her mum, ignoring Petunia as she headed out, hand in hand with James.

the next day

"Hey. Evans. Evans, our parents are here.", James whispered, leaning over her. "Here as in-- now?", Lily yawned, waking up.

"Yeah. We should tell them. About the engagement, I mean."

"Are the boys here?", she stretched. James nodded, his eyes sparkling as he practically jumped up and down, helping her up as they walked to the living room.

James hugged his parents, and then Lily's mum, while Lily did the same. Sirius, Remus, and Peter sat on the couch, smiling.

"We-- we have an announcement.", Lily smiled. "Grandkids?", Euphemia laughed, as James' mouth dropped open. "Mum!", he protested.

Sirius let out a guffaw, covering his mouth. "We're engaged.", James smiled.

The room filled with shrieks and shouts of congratulations as the parents hugged their kids. "Oh my goodness! Congratulatons.", Fleamont said, hugging them.

"Bet you proposed with a big, grand, gesture. Like father, like son, am I right?", Fleamont laughed.

"I remember me proposing to you because you never worked up the nerve to.", Euphemia said, her hand on her hips.

"Like father, like son.", Lily snorted, putting a hand on James knee, as they roared with laughter.

"Both my daughters, about to get married.", Mrs. Evans said, wiping a tear from her eyes.

"Oh, darling, I'm so sorry, Petunia's asked me to come over. I'll write you.", she said, hugging Lily.

"Sirius, Remus, Peter, how've you been?", Euphemia asked, sitting next to them. "Good, thank you, Mrs. Potter.", Peter smiled.

"Missions going well?"

"Yes, Mum.", Sirius said, putting an arm around her.

"Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard something about hiding your relationship.", she said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, the Death Eaters-- they're killing people like us, Mrs. Potter.", Remus spoke up, as Sirius grew silent.

"Well, I just wanted you to know that we support you, no matter what. And after this war is over, we'll help with the wedding.", Fleamont winked.

"You- you will?", Sirius said, his voice breaking.

"Of course we will, Sirius, we're your parents.", Euphemia said, taking his hand.