Chapter Thirty One.

Start from the beginning

I nodded, knowing that was what I wanted. I did want Mark, but when I see Harry my defenses die out and its him I want. That's when my effort is withered to a thin string that I don't hold onto. Mark closes the distance between us and hugs me, closer than ever, his scent was a mixture of detergent and cologne, I felt protected.

I am going to forget about Harry.

***

"Alaine! Have you seen my gold earrings? I seem to have lost them." Rose shouted from her room. I put down the knife I was using to cut some cilantro with and rushed to my room. I had forgotten I asked her if I could borrow them a while back and never returned them. I had placed them in my vanity drawer making sure I didn't forget. When I found them I ran to her room. Walking in I could smell her peppermint scent, she was looking at herself in front of her full length mirror. She looked magnificent in her dark blue dress, especially the gold lace that gave her a glowing effect. Her effortless curls looked intact tonight.

"I'm sorry for returning them to you now, I had completely forgotten about that time I used them for a party." I saw, helping her put on her left one while she did the right. She laughed, totally waving it off saying it wasn't my fault. I went back to the kitchen and finished up the cilantro and take out the chicken I had cooked from scratch. It was perfectly cooked, the skin was brown and all it needed was lemon to give it flavor.

I heard high heels clicking towards the kitchen and Rose coming by.

"You're chicken looks absolutely delicious. I want to stay so much just to taste it!" she says.

"No, you go have fun with Niall! You two deserve to have a good time together after all this time apart from his touring in America. What better way to do so than Christmas?!"

She laughs, probably remembering all the times she just didn't want to leave the room let alone the flat because she just wanted to Skype with Niall. I could swear those two are inseparable! But not in a clingy type of manner, more like a true love inseparability. I didn't think Niall could love anything else in the world other than food, but here she is. Rose seemed so happy all the time. She looked like an angel whenever she is with him, without him she seems to glow brighter because she's happy to know he's somewhere but emotionally he's right there by her side.

You'd think the world is deprived of this type of affection; yet they're the piece of evidence that always proves you wrong. I admit, the fans have hit her hard. There came to a point where they harassed her and sent death threats to her Twitter account, which I see no purpose in as to why I don't bother having one, and she hasn't taken it harshly. In the beginning obviously it was hurtful, but she's a strong girl. And she has a very protective boyfriend who would block anyone who dared threaten his princess, which is exactly how he treated her.

"You think? I felt kind of bad because its Louis's birthday today and I'm not letting Niall spend it with him." she pouts, thinking about it.

"You're such a good girlfriend, Lou loves you! I'm sure he's okay with the thought of having Niall spend his Christmas happy. Don't dwell on it so much Rose. Have fun and enjoy the time together."

She smiled, knowing I was right. "Thank you Alaine. I hope you spend an amazing Christmas with Mark as well, he was very enthusiastic about today with you."

I smiled, remembering how Mark called me yesterday night to tell me we were going to a bar to celebrate with a couple of his friends. I wouldn't call that special, but it was our time together on the dance floor that mattered. But before we do so, I thought we'd have something in our stomachs.

"Yeah, he was." I say, going to get the plates to set up the table.

"Alaine?" Rose said. I looked at her, the tone of her voice sounding more worried than normal.