xlii.

"it's in two minutes, nari! two minutes~!" jin-ae shouted, grabbing and shaking your arm forcefully. the two of you were huddled at the table, a blanket covering your shoulders as you waited for the comeback.

you yanked your arm back, trying not to spill your burning hot chocolate onto your lap. "be careful!"

jin-ae merely pouted in response before moving to refresh the page for the music video. still nothing. inside, you were practically exploding from excitement.

suddenly, jin-ae's eyes went wide in alarm. you thought it was something vitally important she forgot to do, but no. it's jin-ae, what were you expecting? "what if jimin shows his abs again like he did in no more dream? i don't think my heart will be able to live through that twice."

you raised an eyebrow. "he looks too soft for abs, does he really have them?"

"sis, c'mon, do i really have to show you a picture? i don't want to... we'll miss the music video."

"the music video will still be there in a few minutes; i gotta see this."

while the two of you were arguing, your phone buzzed, signaling a notification for the music video. your heads both whipped around to its spot on the table, the conversation from before completely forgotten for a much more important matter.

both of you rushed to reload the page and click on the music video. you watched in amazed silence, wondering to yourself how a group of humans can be just so... perfect. when suga's rap started, you felt your heart completely combusting into a pile of ash in your chest. jin-ae saw your face heating up in a blush out of the corner of her eye and tore her gaze from your phone to smirk at you for a brief second.

for a few minutes after it had ended the two of you sat there, staring at the screen. "well, jimin didn't show his abs." you said to jin-ae, breaking the silence.

"it makes no difference, i'm still dead." she said, barely blinking. you laughed slightly before getting up to refill your cup. after you'd both gained basic conversational skills and headed back to your rooms, you heard your phone buzz from your nightstand. you weren't going to pick it up, but the ringtone was the one you had specifically set for suga, which made the prospect of talking to someone a lot more agreeable.

~

yoongs ♡♡♡♡♡♡:

so

what'd you think?

❄nari❄:

nari.exe has stopped working

please try again later

yoongs ♡♡♡♡♡♡:

AHAHA

i was about to ask what your favorite song was

but then i remembered you probably haven't listened to it all yet

❄nari❄:

nope

it only came out like half an hour ago c'mon

also

with what money boi

yoongs ♡♡♡♡♡♡:

oh yeah

forgot about that too lol

❄nari❄:

T_T

aLsO

we still on for tomorrow?

yoongs ♡♡♡♡♡♡:

hell yeah

hoseok hasn't shut up about it

❄nari❄:

sounds like him lol

yoongs ♡♡♡♡♡♡:

i think he's got another grand plan of his

which should be interesting

❄nari❄:

ughh

i thought those grand plans were gonna stop when we got together

yoongs ♡♡♡♡♡♡:

lol we would not be so lucky

the plans have probably grown

❄nari❄:

whoop de doo

~

now that their comeback had happened, the next big thing pressed itself into the front of your mind, making your heart explode into a fit of anxiety.

the show airs tomorrow.

but at least you could watch it with moral support.