iii.

"what the fuck are you doing here? and at this hour?" you said, squinting up at the aqua haired male. he'd taken off his bucket hat and his mask, probably since it was late and literally no one was going to recognize him. except for maybe your sister, who was creeping down the stairs to see what all the noise was.

you heard a gasp behind you and put your hand against your forehead as you felt a rush of wind and your sister curling her arms around your free arm. you let out a long-suffering sigh. "jin-ae, didn't you say you were going to your room?"

jin-ae made a 'hmph,' noise and tightened her grip on your arm. yoongi looked almost amused at her. you sighed again, only louder. "you're obviously not here for an instrument, so what do you want?"

yoongi locked eyes with you. those same eyes you'd seen only mere hours earlier entrapped you. you wondered what had happened to him to have a permanent look of sorrow in his eyes. "i need to talk to you."

you raised an eyebrow, obviously wanting more information. but as the three of you waited in the cool night, you realized you weren't going to get it if you left him standing out there in the cold. "come on up, then. i'll make tea." you relented and jin-ae made a small squeal before running upstairs. you shook your head at her as you led yoongi through the shop and up the stairs. you took your coat off and hung it on the coat hanger by the stairs and nodded at yoongi to do the same. your sister was starting the teapot as you walked into the living room and gestured for the man to take a seat opposite you.

a couple of minutes passed by in silence before jin-ae brought three fresh cups of tea and set them on the table, taking a seat herself. "so, what was it you wanted to talk about?" you said, taking a sip of your tea as yoongi stared into his own, thinking. at the sound of your voice, his head snapped upwards.

"w-well," he stumbled as you noticed jin-ae creeping closer to the idol out of the corner of your eye, "i wanted to give you the money you handed back to me this afternoon."

you put your tea cup down on the table, furrowing your brow. "are we still having this conversation? i'm not taking the money. you have people to look after too."

yoongi inched closer to the edge of the table, away from jin-ae as she inched closer still. "can you stop?" he said, scowling at her.

jin-ae didn't look very hurt until you spoke up. "jin-ae, go back to your room. you're being very rude to our guest."

she scoffed at you, but as she turned around to see your rather intimidating face with an eyebrow raised at her, she scurried off to her room, sulking. you sighed, letting your annoyance leave you. "so, where were we?"

"take the money." yoongi said, sliding the crumpled notes across the table to you. "please."

you sighed, finally giving in. "well, if it helps you sleep at night." you reached out a hand to take the money. "is there anything else you wanted? or, did you just come here to give me money?"

"i suppose there is one more thing." he said, pulling his own white sleeves down. you looked up from the crumpled bills in your hand to look him in the eye. "don't tell anyone i've been going to your performances. that would mean bad publicity. not to mention a possible scandal."

"understandable. i can do that, and i'll bribe my sister to keep her mouth shut. can you leave so i can sleep now?" you finished, being rude yourself. but you had to get up early tomorrow to clean the shop, and the last thing you needed was to be entertaining guests for the next three hours.

yoongi rose from the ground after you and grabbed his coat on the way down. as you led him downstairs and to the door of your shop, you could feel his gaze glaring into the back of your neck. you rubbed it self-consciously. if there was one thing you didn't like, it was people staring or breathing down the back of your neck. you reached the door and waved him through. just as you were about to close the door on him, he stuck his foot in the doorway.

"what's your name?" he asked as you raised an eyebrow at  him.

"nari." you said bluntly, shutting the door as he removed his foot. you had a lot to think about tonight. the first thing on your to-do list should be seeing who bts was, because they were obviously famous. as you went through the hallway of the flat, you dully noticed that your sister's door was closed. which wasn't really a surprise in itself, but you did feel slightly bad for kicking her out of the conversation with her favorite idol.

you turned off the light in the main room and shut your door. your room was littered with sheet music, various books that had left their bookshelf, and a piano in the corner. your bed faced the window that gave you a nice view of the street, but there wasn't much to look at on the street in the first place. you grabbed your phone off the nightstand and did a quick google search. within a couple of minutes, you knew who bts were, who the members were and had even listened to some of their music. you quite liked it, but you were more used to your grandparents' classical music from holidays spent in the music shop.

deciding on not using all the data on your phone unlike your sister, you turned your phone off and turned to your bombsite of a room. you picked up several pages of sheet music and returned them to their original place on top of the piano and your journal full of lyrics on top of that. after you'd picked up the rest of the books littering your room, you realized how late it had gotten. after such a long day, it was definitely time for a long sleep.

as the sounds of the night lullabied you to sleep, you thought long and hard about what had happened today. there was a lot, that was for sure. replaying the day in your head like a movie, you slowly drifted off to sleep.