xxvi.

you woke up stressed, and all through breakfast that feeling continued. it seemed like it was going to be one of those days. but, in reality, of course it would be.

today was the audition.

jin-ae burst into the dining room, unusually happy for a weekday. "today's the day! you ready, sis?" she shouted loudly, making you wince slightly. of course today you would be ridiculously tired. 

"yeah, i guess." you mumbled into your breakfast, bringing the bowl closer to your face. you didn't have to leave for a few more hours yet, so you'd help jin-ae until it was time to go. you just hoped that you didn't screw up bad.

"do you wanna go through it a couple of times before you leave? i think you should, just to be safe," jin-ae said, having already finished her breakfast. it was weird seeing her in her normal clothes on a weekday, since you were so used to seeing her in her school uniform.

you nodded along, knowing she'd make you run through it a couple of times whether you wanted to or not. jin-ae practically shoved you down the stairs after you finished breakfast, eager to start the day. which, you had to admit, hadn't happened in a long time. 

it took the two of you the better part of ten minutes to open up and get things running, which was half the time it took by yourself. soon, the radio was blasting and the two of you were loudly singing along to SNSD while waiting for customers to arrive. they didn't usually stop by this early, so you would be long gone before any arrived.

Red Flavor by Red Velvet came on next and the two of you danced and sung along. weirdly, you didn't feel as embarrassed as the first time when BTS was there. "letting the heat of the summer sun blow my mind!" you sung at the end of the first chorus, blowing a kiss out like you'd seen them do in one of their lives.

the two of you were having so much fun that you didn't even notice that two people had walked in until one of them cleared their throats after the song ended. both of you jumped up in shock before whirling around to face them. you were part way through an apologetic bow to the customers before your brain recognized them.

suga and hoseok.

"what are you two doing here?" you almost shouted. of all things, you didn't expect them.

hoseok pretended to look hurt. "hello to you, too."

"we just wanted to wish you luck for today. jin-ae told us your audition was today so we decided we'd drop by on our way to work," suga said, pretending to look generally uninterested, and failing. hoseok snickered at him and he threw back a glare.

jin-ae grinned at you as you threw her a glare as well. why did she tell them...? she really didn't have to. apparently, your face was saying your thoughts for you. "i told them because i knew you'd appreciate the extra friends cheering you on~!" you could practically see the flowers around her head like in one of those animes.

"i also thought we could give you a ride," suga said, making your cheeks heat up in alarm as you stammered out a response.

"i- ah, well- i'd be grateful, but- uh," as you continued to trip over your words, jin-ae swooped in for the save yet again.

she flashed a bigger grin, if that was even possible. "it'll save you walking there, you should go with them."

"i- uh, sure..." you trailed off, looking at the ground to hide your face. it wouldn't be weird if you accepted a ride from them, would it...? no worse than other things we've done, you thought, your mind straying back to the several things jin-ae and the others had made you and suga do as apart of their games. 

hoseok cleared his throat. "we should get going now, so you're not late or anything."

"okay. i'll see you later, jin-ae," you said, grabbing your jacket from where you'd left it on the counter.

she squealed in response. "make sure you tell me all the details~!"

you rolled your eyes, not completely sure if she meant about the audition or your lift from suga. "i call shotgun!" you said and the two laughed at you. you didn't know exactly why, but there was something nice about being in shotgun. and a part of your mind whispered, "it's because you sit next to suga~," but you tried to push it away quickly before your cheeks could heat up again.

"we'll be making a short detour to drop hoseok off at BigHit before we go to the address," suga said, pulling out onto the street, "you have the address written down somewhere, right?"

"ah, yeah. right here." you fished a small piece of paper out of your jacket.

"perfect," suga replied.

you couldn't see it, but hoseok smirked at the two of you. he could see exactly what passed in front of each of your eyes when you looked at one another.

~

"thanks for the ride," you said, hopping out of suga's car.

"no problem... ah, nari?" he said, leaning sideways slightly, his hand resting on the gear stick. you turned around, tilting your head as he thought through the words he was going to say. he wanted to say a thousand words, perhaps more, to convey his true feelings, but instead he inhaled slightly before saying, "good luck, okay?"

you grinned back at him, making his heart leap. "thanks~!"

turning back towards the building, you inhaled as suga drove away, leaving you alone. gathering up your courage, you stepped through the door of the office building.