xviii.

the week rolled into wednesday with nothing happening.

wednesday rolled into thursday and still nothing happened. honestly, it was about as interesting as watching paint dry. until jin-ae got home, that is.

"grab your coat, we're going out!" she said, as soon as she came in through the door at the end of the day.

you hopped over from the pianos. ""wait, what? why?"

"secret!" jin-ae giggled, pushing you upstairs. you sighed as she ran off to her room to change, leaving you in the hallway. you shrugged on your coat and hoped that this wouldn't be something dangerous or something that would leave you two broke. well, broker.

jin-ae ran back out of her room, fully dressed and coat in hand. "let's go!" she said, grabbing your wrist and taking off down the stairs, dragging you with her. somehow, the two of you made it out of the shop unscathed. jin-ae slowed down when the two of you were on the street. you followed a step behind her, still confused as to where you were going.

wait, aren't you practically the boss of the household? why is she telling you where to go? well, she obviously had a plan, and there was no point in backing out now. she looked too excited. jin-ae rounded a corner with you in close procession. you were still on the main streets.

just when you weren't expecting it, jin-ae took a sharp left into a side street. you quickly followed her as she slipped into a tall, narrow building. there wasn't anything in the building except for two flights of stairs, one leading up, and one leading down. jin-ae went straight down without hesitation.

"uh..." you began but jin-ae merely grinned at you over her shoulder. you hesitantly followed her down into the darkness. you heard the flicker of a light switch and the room came into view. it was a dance studio. it was smaller than what it would've been for a group like BTS to practice, but it was fine for you and jin-ae. it had a mirror on one side, and a small storage closet on the left, along with several power plugs for speakers and what not. "okay, why and how did you find this?"

"you need help and a friend's letting us use it. more like, he's paying it for the night." she ended with a grin, taking off her coat and tossing it to the side.

"what fr-" "i'm here!" you started to say, but was cut off by a cheery voice dashing down the stairs behind you. turning around, you found you were less than a meter away from hoseok. you jumped back in surprise. honestly, you should have expected something like this.

he grinned at the two of you, a gym bag around his shoulder. "should i be worried...?" you asked, turning to jin-ae, who was grinning just like hoseok.

"aw... i'm only here to help..." hoseok pouted, tossing jin-ae the gym bag.

jin-ae opened the bag, and sifted through, finding a small portable speaker. "i thought you said he was coming too?" she said, plugging her phone into the speaker.

"yeah, soon." hoseok said, running a hand through his hair. you squinted at the both of them in suspicion before hoseok loudly clapped his hands. "so! nari, you need help with an audition where you have to dance, right?"

"jin-ae put you up to this, didn't she?" you said, raising your eyebrow. except, there was no way for her to contact him, unless...

"sorry, sis. i stole the paper with their numbers on it from your room when you were sleeping the other day." she giggled behind you.

you rolled your eyes, shrugging off your coat and dumping it on top of jin-ae's. "well, might as well get help while it's here." jin-ae and hoseok gave a little cheer, the former running over and starting the song. over the past few days, jin-ae had taught you the first verse.

the familiar intro entered and you started the dance. you thought the dance was quite sexual at the start and had protested slightly when jin-ae went to teach you it, but she insisted you could nail it. you watched yourself in the mirror like you watched jin-ae when she was dancing, trying to find and correct your mistakes.

"can't nobody stop me now, no, try me." sunmi sang through the speaker. you nailed the facial expressions and hoseok and jin-ae gave a little cheer for you. you were so fixed on yourself and the dance that you didn't notice one of the other members, who had just walked in, was now standing in front of the stairs, awestruck. jin-ae smirked at him as you kept dancing, completely oblivious.

"are you crazy, stupid, or both? this pretty girl, why you leaving her?" bam. your facial expression immediately changed as the dance break started. "charisma!" hoseok shouted behind you, syllable by syllable, making you break your expression and laugh.

"baby, you're leaving, gashina, come and go so easily, gashina." you sang along. "said you'd never go, leave me alone, gashina, gashina." what you knew ended, and you ran a hand through your now messy hair, laughing. jin-ae was still smirking at the other member who was still by the stairs, his mouth hanging open. he shook his head out of his awestruck state and turned his head to hoseok, mouthing "really?" with a scowl on his face. he'd figured out what they were up to.

meanwhile, you were now lying on the floor, for no other reason than it was a cold floor and you were sweating. such things should be treated as a gift. jin-ae cleared her throat, causing you to look up at her. she nodded in the direction of the member who had come in and you looked over, your brain not fully processing.

"hey, suga." you said, your head flopping back down onto the floor. "wait, suga?!" you sat bolt upright, finally taking in what you were seeing. you glared over at jin-ae, several murder techniques being thrown around in your head.

jin-ae shrugged, smirking. "we thought you'd enjoy the company." so her and hoseok were in on this together... you sighed, realizing what suga had realized a few minutes ago. they were totally trying to set you two up, weren't they?