xii.

"afternoon." you said, meeting each of their eyes.

"i'm so sorry." namjoon said, looking genuinely upset as he gazed down at the broken mess of the guitar stand.

you shook your head. "don't worry about it. i'll just have to get a new stand, not that big of a deal." which was true, it wasn't a big deal. the big deal was the price. "anyway, what brings you here on this fine evening?"

"we wanted to see if you two wanted to go out again. where's jin-ae?" jungkook said happily.

you smirked, memories of this afternoon resurfacing. "she's out with a friend from school. a guy friend. who blushed hard when i asked if they were more than friends, mind you." you giggled.

hoseok matched your smirk. "so much love blooming in the air..."

you shot him a warning glare as jimin spoke up. "so, do you wanna come out with us?"

you shrugged. "why not? what did you guys have in mind?"

"there's a China Town not that far from here and i've wanted to go for a while, but haven't had the chance!" taehyung practically jumped up and down.

"sounds cool. i'll write jin-ae a note saying i'm out then i'll be right with you. don't break anything..." you ended with a sigh, heading upstairs to find paper and a pen. you left the note on the table and headed back downstairs. thankfully, they hadn't broken anything else, but to be sure, they had made namjoon go outside. 

shaking your head at them, you headed outside after them. "so, which way?" you said, pulling your hair into a not-so-neat bun so the wind wouldn't make you eat your hair. you noticed that suga hadn't spoken a word to you, and it bothered you slightly.

"this way!" taehyung shouted like a little kid, starting to race off in the direction before jin stopped him. the eight of you fell into step on the pathway, and once again, you found yourself next to suga.

"sup?" you said, grinning at suga, who turned to look at you, his aqua hair hanging loosely in his face.

he shrugged. maybe he wasn't in a good moo- "the others dragged me out of bed for this."

"what? isn't my charming personality reason enough to get out of bed?" you snickered. you dully noticed hoseok smirking at you from ahead. did he think you were flirting...?

"no." suga said bluntly.

"wow. rude." you were a little taken aback. but you honestly couldn't blame him. sleep was the holy mother of all.

jungkook jumped on the two of you, pulling you both into a hug with each of his arms, grinning. "c'mon, you can't keep nari to yourself! let us talk to her." with that, jungkook pulled you back, and soon you were squished between jimin and jungkook.

"hey, nari? how old are you?" jimin asked innocently.

you rubbed the back of your neck. "not that old..."

"well, let's go by comparison. suga was born in 1993, making him... 24?" jungkook guessed. suga nodded, listening in on your conversation.

you blinked. "i'm 22."

"oooh, we're buddies!" jimin said happily. you looked at him. there was no way this fluff ball was your age... was there?

"we're here!" taehyung shouted excitedly from the front, interrupting your thoughts. ahead of you, the lights from the China Town had just started to come on, creating an even softer hue to the dusk. it was slowly getting darker by the minute. various stalls lined the street, with everything ranging from food to souvenirs. some couples and families were already loitering around, window shopping.

as if you were reading each other's minds, you and jin immediately went over to the closest food stall, staring at the delicacies behind the glass case. inside there were little cakes, and you could practically feel the calories jumping out at you. the one closest to you was a chocolate cake, decorated with white frosting on the top and a small piece of waffle sticking out. it looked delicious and your mouth watered just by looking at it. you didn't even want to imagine how much it was.

"hey, nari? do you want a slice of cake as well?" jin asked, turning to you.

you looked up at him, your eyes sparkling. "yesssss." you said, vigorously pointing to the chocolate cake. jin laughed at you, and ordered two slices from the vendor. you thanked him repeatedly before he said it was really no big deal. after you'd gotten your cake, which was served on little napkins, you went back to the group, who were looking at the two of you, clearly exasperated. not caring even a little bit, you stuck your fork into the corner and started eating. it tasted like heaven. the flavors of the cake and the icing mixed perfectly together.

"you guys are missing out." you said to the others as you swallowed.

"agreed." jin mumbled, stuffing more cake into his mouth.

the group had started to move on again, with taehyung and jungkook leading the way. suga had somehow fallen into step behind you. "can i have a bite?"

you blinked at him. "sure, i guess." you handed him the plastic fork and he took a bit off, pulling his mask down to eat it. he handed the fork back while you grinned. "good, right?" suga nodded.

jin, who had overheard your conversation, spun around to face you, a gleam in his eyes. "i guess you could say it's-"

"no." suga stopped him, but he kept talking anyway.

"-sweet as suga."

old cigarettes | min yoongiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें