x.

after you got back from your walk, a week of pure boredom by yourself in the shop followed until saturday rolled around. jin-ae was at school, trying to complete her final year, so she couldn't keep you company or help you with anything. the good news was that she brought dinner home with her most days.

most of the time when customers weren't there, you brought your guitar downstairs and wrote new songs. unanswered questions, you found, were a great fuel when it came to song writing. and you had plenty of them after the weekend.

for example: did suga actually like you or were the members just fucking around?

there was no way to be sure about it, except for asking. and you did not have the guts to ask. speaking of the group, they didn't come by at all that week, and for some reason you missed them. even if you'd only known them for a couple of days, it felt like you'd known them all your life.

it was when you were contemplating all this that you came across an idea. why not play an acoustic version of one of their songs at the park? it didn't seem like a bad idea, so why not? you listened to a few of their songs, careful not to use too much data and chose a song. this one wouldn't be too hard to write for an acoustic version, so you went with it. after you'd written it out and learnt it, you practiced as often as you could, and bam. you learnt a new song.

and now it was saturday, the day dedicated to getting up early and playing in a freezing park. you made your sandwich as usual, and grabbed a water bottle. you stuffed them in your coat as you grabbed your suitcase with your gear and guitar that you'd left by the back door, and headed out, not bothering to wake jin-ae up.

you yawned loudly as you entered the main street, making your eyes water. it wasn't that far to the park, as in, only another two streets over. while you were walking there, you wondered if yoongi was going to be there today, skipping practice.

you smiled to yourself like an idiot as you set up that morning. you didn't know why, but the thought of him being there made your heart do cartwheels. you did a quick soundcheck, using the song you'd practiced all week.

as the curtain falls,

i run out of breath

letting out a sigh,

my mind can't forget

thinking about if i messed up today

the audience, did they like our stage today?

your sweet voice echoed through the park as it did every week. but this time you felt strangely giddy. as usual, you ate your breakfast as you waited for people to arrive. you took a long swig of water before grabbing your guitar and starting the first song.

through the whole day, you looked for yoongi as you played. he wasn't there. no, not today. (LOL I HAD TO-) but in his place, it seemed, there was an envelope in your guitar case. you quickly packed up, eager to read said letter. in a couple of minutes, you'd gotten home, greeted jin-ae (who was actually doing her job), and gone upstairs to "change." in reality, you were going to see what was in the envelope.

you ripped open the seam and pulled out the contents. there was a scribbled and rather comical note, a letter, and... a couple of notes. you read the note first.

nari~

suga asked me to drop this off while on my break. i saw he had a letter inside but i didn't have time to read it. shame. hehehe.

i noticed the money too. poor suga... he spends his salary on his lover... sniff...

anyway, you can thank me later for the delivery service. (^.^)

below the note was hoseok's signature. you raised an eyebrow at it. you didn't even know what to think, so you just moved on to suga's letter. as you unfolded the letter, a pamphlet and another note fell out. you decided to read the letter first after picking up the other things.

nari,

i'm sorry i couldn't come to your performance today, but i feel like if i missed another practice jin would have my head... i would've texted you to say i wasn't going to be there, but then i realized we never exchanged phone numbers. there's a note that i'm sure you noticed, and it has all the members' numbers.

the other thing is something i found the other day, and i thought you might be interested.

until next time.

his signature was messily scrawled underneath. why did he think it was necessary for him to come to your performances? he didn't have to come, especially if jin was getting pissed at him. you picked up the note. there was seven numbers on there, accompanied by seven sets of initials. you vaguely remembered who was who, but you recognized yoongi's first. you typed his number into your phone.

nari:

i got your letter. thank you. also, don't feel obliged to come to my performances. no one said you had to go lol

suga:

i felt a tad guilty

nari:

only a tad~?

suga:

okay, maybe a lot.

did you add the other members yet?

nari:

not yet... i only just got home

gimme a break

suga:

i'll tell them to expect a text sooner or later lol

did you look at the pamphlet?

nari:

no...

one sec

~

you fished out the pamphlet from the other things in the envelope. you quickly scanned over it. it was about an audition for a tv show.

~

nari:

audition?

suga:

just a thought.

oh... jin wants something. i have to go. ttyl.

the pamphlet was all that occupied your thoughts during dinner. you had no clue how to ask jin-ae about it, since she'd ask you where you got the idea and you'd have to say from suga. you would never live down the teasing. in the end, you ended up falling asleep, wondering what it would be like to sing as a profession instead of a hobby.