xxi.

"ow! that was my foot!" taehyung shouted, jumping up. the group was currently practicing DNA, their new title song for their comeback.

"sorry," suga mumbled, walking over to the wall to grab a drink. he'd been in and out of focus for the past day and a half, and it was starting to get on the members' nerves. especially since he kept running into them and standing on their feet.

the truth was (yEAH ITS MY TRUUUTH-) that he was too panicked about tonight to properly function. you and jin-ae were going to come over as soon as you'd finished your performance and changed. he was anxious about not only being around you but also about it being awkward.

suga really didn't want you to hate him. he couldn't even figure out the exact feeling himself; but if hoseok were listening in on his thoughts, he would have called it 'love.'

as he took a swig from a water bottle, the other members disbursed for a five minute break. the comeback was only in a couple of weeks, so for the next few months, there would be little to no time for rest. which also meant to suga, not enough time to see you.

at least you had each other's phone numbers, so you could text each other. but, what was the normal amount friends should message each other? even if neither of you were willing to admit it to anyone, you both really wanted to just never stop texting each other. and you would too, if you weren't concerned about being a bother to each other.

even if you occupied most of suga's thoughts, he was beginning to worry about the upcoming comeback, as were all the members. would ARMY's like it? a part of them thought that no matter what they put out, their fanbase would love it to hell and back.

"let's try that again." namjoon said, interrupting suga's thoughts. "and please try not to step on anyone this time." suga looked down at the ground awkwardly as he made his way to the starting position. 

~

"finally home~!" hoseok said, belly flopping onto the couch. they'd just gotten home from practice and it was around half an hour until you and jin-ae were due to arrive.

"move over." suga kicked hoseok's foot that was hanging off the couch. the younger grumbled, sitting up and making room for him.

the rest of the members disbursed around the house, jin going straight to the fridge, jimin, taehyung, and jungkook heading upstairs, and namjoon following jin to the kitchen. "so, when did you say nari and jin-ae were coming over?" he asked curiously, making himself a sandwich.

"nari said when she'd finished her usual performance and gone back to get jin-ae, she'd come over." hoseok replied, reaching out for the tv remote on the coffee table.

jin looked over at the others from over his shoulder. "when's that?" 

"in about half an hour." suga said a little too quickly. jin smirked as suga blushed, but said nothing. suga cleared his throat, trying to distract jin from calling him out. "what movies are we going to watch?"

"what do we have?" namjoon said, taking a seat next to hoseok with his sandwich.

hoseok thought for a moment. "we have train to busa-"

"no. never again." jin interrupted, forcibly grabbing hoseok's shoulders. "i am never going through that pain ever again. ever."

"never ever?" hoseok asked.

taehyung, who had apparently just walked down the stairs to hear the last part of the conversation, ran over and tackled jin while singing, "never ever~ never gonna let you go~" both of them hit the ground while the three members on the couch burst out laughing.

as jin pried taehyung off him and got back up, jungkook and jimin came down the stairs. while jimin sat directly on hoseok's feet, as there wasn't any space left on the couch, jungkook went to the kitchen. after a few minutes of searching, he suddenly shouted out, making the other six look over at him. "everyone, it's an emergency!"

"we don't have any popcorn left!"

suga raised an eyebrow. "so?"

the three youngest members gasped at him in horror. "are you insane?! you can't have a movie night without popcorn!" taehyung shouted, throwing the nearest cushion at him. even though he tried to duck, it still hit him square in the face.

"one of you just go out to get some before they come over then," namjoon suggested through a bite of sandwich.

jin sighed. "i'll go. you two would probably get lost on the way or something. suga, i'm borrowing your car." he said, grabbing suga's car keys from a small bowl by the door where they kept their keys.

as jin headed out the door, suga sighed. "yeah, sure. you can use my car, jin-hyung. i don't mind." the rest of them laughed at him before turning the tv on for the local news. after around fifteen minutes, jin returned, a plastic shopping bag in his hand.

"the cashier almost recognized me so i had to make a mad dash before she figured out i was lying when i said i wasn't me." he panted, dumping the bag on the kitchen counter.

"i'm surprised you didn't admit it was you and start blowing kisses," suga commented, looking over at jin over his shoulder. jin merely rolled his eyes at him before taking the popcorn out of the bag and putting it in the pantry just as there was a knock on the door.

before he could react, hoseok pushed suga up towards the door with a smirk. the older glared back at him before opening the door to you and jin-ae.